Question GPU clocks down at random intervals.

Alexander_7

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2015
Hello.

So, i've been having stutter spikes in diferent games during diferent kind of loads, in fact sometimes happens when in barely intensive situations.

GPU: RX 6600.
CPU: R7 5700X.
Mobo: MSi 370X.
RAM: 32gb at 3200mhz.

MkywNsn.png

It happens sporadically enough to allow gameplay, but often enough to be annoying and jarring sometimes.
During months i also had a black screen error very often, at a point where i had to reinstall all drivers everytime it happend cause somehow the GPU drivers were uninstalled every time. After doing a clean windows installation that went away... For now at least but the stuttering persist.

Again, the stuttering is not constant, nor predictable in anyway, aside the sudden clock/voltage drop gameplay is silky smooth.

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello.

So, i've been having stutter spikes in diferent games during diferent kind of loads, in fact sometimes happens when in barely intensive situations.

MkywNsn.png

It happens sporadically enough to allow gameplay, but often enough to be annoying and jarring sometimes.
During months i also had a black screen error very often, at a point where i had to reinstall all drivers everytime it happend cause somehow the GPU drivers were uninstalled every time. After doing a clean windows installation that went away... For now at least but the stuttering persist.

Again, the stuttering is not constant, nor predictable in anyway, aside the sudden clock/voltage drop gameplay is silky smooth.
You should of checked the CPU and your ping to the server the same way.
If your CPU is maxing out then your GPU will drop because it has less to do.
If your ping to the server in going from normal to high then about the same thing but the CPU usage would drop because not as much to do and GPU would also drop.