Question GPU compatible with Dell Workstation 3620

Jun 15, 2023
Hi guys. I’m just trying to find a 4GB GPU that’s compatible with my Dell OptiPlex, one that’s relatively cheap (under $200). I know I was able to find this information before but now I can’t. So hopefully this community can help point me in the right direction. Thanks everyone!!

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
The video card you pick up will depend on the physical dimensions of the case, and the wattage your power supply can deliver. The GTX 1050Ti has a very small form factor, 4GB of memory, and only draws about 150 watts under extreme load. It isn't the newest card, but if you are looking for a basic video card to replace on board graphics this will be more than sufficient.

If your Optiplex is a larger tower, you could move up to an RX 570, which will perform better than the GTX 1050Ti, and can often be found for less money. This card also draws around 150 watts of power, with a recommended PSU of 450 watts.

If you aren't married to exactly 4GB of memory, the RX 580 can be found for less than 200 dollars, but this will come down to power supply constraints. Hope this helped, take care.

What are the specs and do you have a link? Depending where you are looking you can get a used card like an rtx 2060 for just over 100 bucks or a 5600xt for just under 100. Those are 6gb cards but on a budget not bad if your psu can handle it or if it can be replaced.