[SOLVED] GPU creates random lines and colors when promted to create some visuals

Aug 15, 2019
I am using a Sapphire PULSE Radeon rx 570 4gb and it often creates black vertical lines while using it on any web page. It also creates random colorful lines when prompted to play videos and games. I have tried installing drivers but to no avail. I have also tried physically taking the GPU out and adjusting it. All HDMI cables are secure. Is my GPU broken, or is there something else I can do? Could this possibly be a monitor issue?

Solution
Have you overclocked your GPU ? What's the GPU TEMP value when playing any game ? From the screens, those small square boxes, pixels, do look like "artifacts" to me, IMO. Usually this can occur when either the GPU VRAM is faulty/corrupt, and other causes related to hardware/software..

Though, it's not visible on the entire screen. Can you check the GPU by using some other power supply unit/PSU ? Or, maybe check the card on a totally different PC ?

Have you tried doing a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers as well ? Use this DDU tool, and do it in safe mode. https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
Please provide FULL PC specs, first of all. Can you post a screenshot ?

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

Aug 15, 2019
Please provide FULL PC specs, first of all. Can you post a screenshot ?

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600
CPU Cooler -Cooler Master HYPER 212 RGB black edition
Motherboard - B450 AORUS Pro Wifi
RAM - OLOy 8gb x2 288-Pin DDR4
Power Supply - Cooler Master MWE bronze 600watt
SSD - Kingston 480gb SATA3
Case - Cooler Master MB511 RGB
OS - Windows 10 home (64-Bit)
Monitor - VIOTEK NB24CW 24" 1080p 75hz

Post a screenshot of what?

Have you overclocked your GPU ? What's the GPU TEMP value when playing any game ? From the screens, those small square boxes, pixels, do look like "artifacts" to me, IMO. Usually this can occur when either the GPU VRAM is faulty/corrupt, and other causes related to hardware/software..

Though, it's not visible on the entire screen. Can you check the GPU by using some other power supply unit/PSU ? Or, maybe check the card on a totally different PC ?

Have you tried doing a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers as well ? Use this DDU tool, and do it in safe mode. https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

Solution
Aug 15, 2019

I have not overclocked yet. Not sure how to find the temp. of the GPU, but it was running at 40%. I don't have any other power supplies and this is the only desktop computer I have. I will now try to CLEAN install the drivers

Why, did you download the file ? After downloading, extract the contents of the file using 7-ZIP or any other similar software, on a folder of your choice.

Create a new folder on your desktop, name it as DDU, and extract the contents there. After that click on the "Display Driver Uninstaller" EXE file.