Question GPU fan speed fluctates crazily despite the stable low temp ?

Aug 14, 2023
Using my Gigabyte A5 K1 for one year I noticed that my GPU fan speed can sometimes fluctuate heavily, very noticeably by ear, in short intervals, like every few seconds. Sound varies from very silent to the max. It's happening quite rarely, at worst, once a week, but usually it not bother me. The most interesting that Clevo Control Center shows that CPU fan running only at 30% speed, but it fixes the RPM changes. It changes from 2600 to 3200 RPM every few seconds. The GPU's temperature is stable. The only solution that I have found is to shut down the laptop and leave it for 10-15 min. Any ideas what's going on?

Aug 15, 2023
Using my Gigabyte A5 K1 for one year I noticed that my GPU fan speed can sometimes fluctuate heavily, very noticeably by ear, in short intervals, like every few seconds. Sound varies from very silent to the max. It's happening quite rarely, at worst, once a week, but usually it not bother me. The most interesting that Clevo Control Center shows that CPU fan running only at 30% speed, but it fixes the RPM changes. It changes from 2600 to 3200 RPM every few seconds. The GPU's temperature is stable. The only solution that I have found is to shut down the laptop and leave it for 10-15 min. Any ideas what's going on?
Hi , try to make an update for bios first , after that try update GPU drivers ,and make windows update and test , if the GPU have a new bios you can update also and test , after all the updates should work ok , you can also test the GPU with a stress test for short time just to check if the PC is stable or not and to check also the cooling / temperatures, on stress test GPU fan should be on full rotation and you will notice a difference, you can test and post the results.

Aug 14, 2023
Hi , try to make an update for bios first , after that try update GPU drivers ,and make windows update and test , if the GPU have a new bios you can update also and test , after all the updates should work ok , you can also test the GPU with a stress test for short time just to check if the PC is stable or not and to check also the cooling / temperatures, on stress test GPU fan should be on full rotation and you will notice a difference, you can test and post the results.
Hi. Thx for ur advice. My GPUs fan is working normally at the moment, so when there is an issue I will update bios and drivers and see does it helped. I'll also post the results here. I know I can do it now, but idk if I'd see the difference.

Reactions: DanielCalota
Aug 14, 2023
Hi again. Unfortunately, the problem has returned. So I decided to do what u adviced. I started with updating BIOS. My current BIOS version is FB09. There is an update to FB10 version, but it requires Windows 11. My laptop is running on Windows 10. I dont want to update to Win11 coz it's unstable and I had so many troubles when used it.

Aug 14, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Just for the sake of clarity, are you dealing with a Gigabyte or a Clevo branded laptop? Could you see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates?
It is Gigabyte branded laptop, there is an update on Gigabyte's website, but it requires Windows 11

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
This sounds similar to another thread. See my post of Aug 26/23 here.

Aug 14, 2023
This sounds similar to another thread. See my post of Aug 26/23 here.

Yes, but I am using my laptop for 1 year and this problem has showed only month ago. And the fan speed is changing rapidly and absolutely randomly, but the fan speed percentage is still 40% and dont changing.

TRENDING THREADS