Question GPU Fan Speed Is Stuck?

My Name Is Brad

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2015
I've never come across this problem before and I'm completely lost. Picked up a used ASUS 2080 Ti Turbo for my wife and the card works fine. Noticed the temps climbed really fast when gaming and tried changing the fan curve in Afterburner. The fan was supposed to be at 80% but it just kept spinning at the same speed. Even manually tried changing the speed to 100% and it made no difference in the actual fan speed. HWinfo and Afterburner both say the GPU fan speed is at 100%. Took apart the card and the cables are connected, card is all the way in the PCIe slot, and the PCIe power cables are seated properly. Uninstalled drivers with DDU and then reinstalled them with no luck either. Trying to get a refund from the guy I bought it from, but I'd much rather find a fix. Any ideas?

My Name Is Brad

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2015
Afterburner is not guarantied to be able to manipulate fan speed for every possible graphics card.
It's not, that the card is bad. Just afterburner can't regulate fan speed.

Try using manufacturer provided software instead.
Asus GPU Tweak.
Yeah GPU Tweak made no difference. Adjusting the fan speed does nothing and it just spins at the same low RPM constantly. All monitoring programs saying it's at 0 RPM. I ordered a cable to connect the GPU fan to a case fan header and I'm just going to run it that way.