GPU FAN stuck at 100% Very loud

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

betakerfilip

Commendable
Oct 29, 2017
Hi!

I built a completely new pc about 1 week ago. I left my pc on with no games or programs started.

When i came back my pc had suddenly turned VERY loud and the temperatures were still very good. I tried disconnecting my chassi fans, and my cpu cooler. The noise was still there. So i think its either the power supply or the GPU. Keep in mind all the components are brand new. And ive barely used the pc yet. The gpu fan speed is stuck at 3500rpm even tho ive tried changing the speed with afterburner and tweak2

EDIT:
Maybe something in the bios is controlling the gpu fans?

SPECS:

- Fractal Design Define R5 Svart
- Intel Core i7 7700 3.6 GHz 8MB
- be quiet! Pure Power 10 600W CM
- ASUS B150 PRO GAMING
- Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz CL13 Vengeance
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB DUAL OC
- Noctua NH-D14

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Seems like when gaming it actually will work as intended ,it's when in idle where you have problems. Might still want to contact the maker via their support and ask if reason for rma because it somehow seems maybe a problem with the gpu.Maybe it's bios is screwed up.

betakerfilip

Commendable
Oct 29, 2017

Im not sure about that. But I dont think so, atleast not physical

betakerfilip

Commendable
Oct 29, 2017
Sorry for the extremely late update. I tried all the suggestions that i got here or could find on the internet. But nothing helped. I returned it about 1 month ago and got a new one of the same sort. And now it works just fine. So there must have been something wrong with the graphics card. Thanks for all the help!

arki_pepo00

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
sorry for this but i cant help but share the solution. i spent few hours figuring out the gpu fan issue very similar scenario with op. even pointed me here. jst moments ago everything worked fine after i did a “restore point”. good thing i had one from jst 12hrs ago so not much data/software was affected. try restoring the system to an earlier time. hth!

Status
Not open for further replies.