[SOLVED] gpu fans ramping up and down

Apr 7, 2022
since I got my gpu I noticed that the fans made a strange noise and reached really high temps, however I didn't rma it because the procedure was too long. Now I want to sell the gpu so I would like to fix it first. Basically using hwinfo I noticed that my gpu fans always ramp up and down for no real reason. The temps are good now because I used msi afterburner but the rpm problem persists. It basically goes from 1200 to 200 rpm every few seconds. Is there a way to fix this? (I have a sapphire pulse rx 5600 xt, updated bios)

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to tear down the GPU and then see if the fin stack/cooling assembly needs deep cleaning. On a side note, when deep cleaning, it'd be a good time to replace the thermal paste with a higher quality one to help with better temps. As for your GPU, it might very well be lack of proper airflow or that the drivers were corrupt or that the OS might've ended up corrupted.

Out of curiosity, why did you need to update the VBIOS on the card? Second, how did you update the VBIOS on the card?

Lutfij

Titan

You might want to tear down the GPU and then see if the fin stack/cooling assembly needs deep cleaning. On a side note, when deep cleaning, it'd be a good time to replace the thermal paste with a higher quality one to help with better temps. As for your GPU, it might very well be lack of proper airflow or that the drivers were corrupt or that the OS might've ended up corrupted.

Out of curiosity, why did you need to update the VBIOS on the card? Second, how did you update the VBIOS on the card?

Solution
Apr 7, 2022

Im pretty sure the drivers are fine and also the airflow so I'm going to have to try and clean it and replace the thermal paste, btw the rx 5600 xt was updated at one point by amd and some versions (including mine) already came with the update.