GPU Fans spin really fast, monitor loses signal, all when loading up a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie_s2000

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
I recently bought a Evga gtx 1070 for my PC, installed it, and everything was working great. then fast forward a couple of months, and then i load up war thunder and in the middle of the loading screen my monitor loses signal and the fans start spinning insanely fast. I am still able to hear the computer sounds through ny headphones when this happens. i have a 600w power supply. for now, this only happens to war thunder sometimes. then yesterday, i tried loading up kerbal space program and then the same thing happened during the loading screen. the monitor lost signal, fans spin fast, and it only stops when i hold down the power button. i don't know what is going on. my whole PC rig is only like 2 or 3 years old. i updated my nvidia graphics driver and i have the latest java. i can use other programs on my computer but when i load up a game it sometimes happens. what do i do? This also never happened when i had my gtx 770 on the same rig. since the upgrade to a 1070 games have been running better but i only encountered this problem recently. also, i dont know if this is related but when i turn on my computer it says that it is not connected to the internet and has a red circle next to the WiFi sign, but all i have to do is take it out and plug it back in and it works fine. also, when i turn it on, there is an internet explorer page that says that "the page cannot be displayed" as if it had lost connection or "the window is trying to be closed" or something along the lines of that. Anyway, the whole rig is Asus based, worked fine before, then all of these problems started showing up. What should i do?

Specs:
GTX 1070
i7 4770
16gb ram

Solution

I bought a GTX 1070 about two months ago and have just begun experiencing the exact same thing yesterday. Monitors lose connection mid-game, everything else appears to be running just fine as I can still talk to my friends in discord and hear all game sounds, and the GPU fans max out. I have a 750w PSU as well, so power shouldn't be an issue.

It has now happened on three different games.I updated my video drivers a few days ago via the Geforce Experience software. That aside, I haven't changed anything recently. HardwareMonitor shows normal GPU heat. I'll update if I find anything out

Charlie_s2000

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017

no i run the games at the normal resolution, that has not been a problem before and i could run some at 4k but this happens when i run them at 1080p

PappyPhresh

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017

I bought a GTX 1070 about two months ago and have just begun experiencing the exact same thing yesterday. Monitors lose connection mid-game, everything else appears to be running just fine as I can still talk to my friends in discord and hear all game sounds, and the GPU fans max out. I have a 750w PSU as well, so power shouldn't be an issue.

It has now happened on three different games.I updated my video drivers a few days ago via the Geforce Experience software. That aside, I haven't changed anything recently. HardwareMonitor shows normal GPU heat. I'll update if I find anything out

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.