Question GPU Flash went wrong on Sapphire RX 580 ?

Oct 26, 2021
Hello everyone, this is my first post here.
I couldn't find the solution anywhere so I was hoping you guys could help me.

I recently got a Sapphire Nitro RX580 with DualBios. OC bios isn't working anymore after I tried to flash a modified BIOS with Polaris Editor cause something went wrong during the flashing (reading from different post the cause could have been the antivirus) and it got interrupted.

So I am using the integrated graphics for now and the device manager can still see the Sapphire card even though it shows it as an RX 590 instead. GPU-Z shows an unknown BIOS.
When trying to open both Atiflash 2.93 and the most recent version I get an error message saying that it cannot read the ROM.

When trying to force flash the previously saved ROM through CMD it shows the following error: File RX not found. ERROR: 0FL01.

I tried shortening the BIOS Chip as well to no avail.
Any suggestions?

In a nutshell: I saved the original BIOS of the GPU, BIOS flashing got probably interrupted ending up in a broken rom/corrupted rom, afterwards the ATIflash can't read the ROM, tried force flashing through CMD but it showed error: 0FL01 File RX not found, tried shortening the BIOS Chip pin 1+8 but the corrupted rom is still there.

Any suggestions on how I can reset the BIOS on the faulty switch?

Oct 26, 2021
Try this: Copy original ROM to atiflash dir, open cmd in admin mode, navigate to your atiflash folder in cmd and type atiflash -i, see what the number of the bricked card is then type atiflash -f -p cardnumber romname.rom
As I've written this has already been done.
When I do it I get the error "File RX not found ERROR 0FL01"

I wish I could post images but while trying to fix the Graphic Card I got my back hurt and am stuck now to bed. Can't seem to be able to post any screenshots with the phone.

Last edited:
Yeah.. Have faced same issue with my GT 730... ( I was just experimenting) so I had to buy CH341A 3.3v Bios Flasher to flash Original BIOS in Chip... (I soldered jumper wires directly on BIOS Chip.. and that worked nicely.. still have that card working... But again I modified it's heatsink... So I suggest you to flash New BIOS from External BIOS programmer...

Oct 26, 2021
Thanks allot for the tip. I don't know anything about external BIOS programmer but I'll take a look as soon as I am better. Even though I'd like to try less complicated solutions first.