[SOLVED] GPU Gets a few degrees hotter and frame rates drop anywhere from 15-20 FPS

Nov 29, 2020
Hi I started playing some games today on my pc and I noticed frame rates dropped about 15-20 fps in all games so I checked the temps while gaming and they were a few degrees hotter but load percentages on the CPU and GPU seem the same, please help

Here are my specs,
CPU: core i7 950
GPU: powercolor RX550
Ram: 8GB of V-color 1600 mhz
Motherboard Gigabyte X58a-u3dr
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO
Monitor: Sceptre E20

Solution
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? For such an old platform and having an RX550 in there, I'm curious, did you drop the RX550 in there recently? If so, you should use DDU to remove all your GPU drivers and then reinstall the latest drivers from AMD in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You should also state what games you're taxing the platform with and where you've sourced them.

Make and model of your case?

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? For such an old platform and having an RX550 in there, I'm curious, did you drop the RX550 in there recently? If so, you should use DDU to remove all your GPU drivers and then reinstall the latest drivers from AMD in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You should also state what games you're taxing the platform with and where you've sourced them.

Make and model of your case?

Solution
Nov 29, 2020
My GPU Is an RX 550 4gb Red dragon from powercolor, and i just bought it brand new in mid November so it is pretty new. and i installed it in mid november as well and has been working fine, i bought from a local Goodwill, my case has no branding or model number whatsoever so I have no idea. and i play games on it such as Dark Souls III, Rocket League and Space Engineers. Thank you for yourquick response, i will try DDU later today or tommorow and let you know how it goes, and my psu is a Thermaltake TR2 600W ATX 12 V2.3 (TR-600CUS)

Last edited: