[SOLVED] gpu half appearing

cheemslovr

Prominent
Dec 29, 2022
After installing a used RTX 3070(very lightly mined on, came from a family member), it appears in some programs but is not being used.

Appears in : Device Manager, "my rig" in geoforce experience, gpu-z, cpu-z, speccy

Even though it appears in all these programs and shows usage in gpu-z and cpu-z it is not shown in task manager. All the while it has some peculiar actions as seen in the gpu-z log here.
Does anyone have a clue on what it may be?

Last edited:
Solution
do you have latest drivers?

Have you updated windows?

Task Manager: did you right click the title row and add GPU columns as they don't show by default

cheemslovr

Prominent
Dec 29, 2022
do you have latest drivers?

Have you updated windows?

Task Manager: did you right click the title row and add GPU columns as they don't show by default
God I'm a dumbass I forgot the gpu section doesn't auto show up, and when I booted I heard my fans roar even though I have 7300x I thought for some reason it was running integrated when I don't even have it. Sorry for wasting your time.

cheemslovr

Prominent
Dec 29, 2022
Did you mean Ryzen 7 3700X ?

Please list full specs of your system.
Yes I do have a 7 3700x, but as I stated I was just a dumbass and forgot that the GPU section on task manager does not auto appear and I had turned on the high fan setting on the wraith prism while I had the pc open anyway. The combination of the two led me to think that I was running on integrated when I was not. The only problem was that I did not see it on task manager.