[SOLVED] GPU idle temperature is high

Sep 28, 2020
So My GPU temperatures are reaching 49c while idle i cleaned my PC Still no difference. before my temps were 39-41 and fast few days they are approx 46-49 . so I should be worried also should I increase my gpu fan speed to 70 . coz temps reaches around 44c then will it harm the life span of fans?
temps will gaming are less than 60 while playing valorant and less than 70 while playing CSGO
and temperature in my city is always more than 30c
GPU - ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER 2 FANS

Solution
playing COD MW rises my temperature upto 80 and 70% fans speed is fine with me , no sound issues for me , I just want to if it will lower the life span of my gpu fans and as i said i used to get around 39-41 but for past few days its rising . but no problem in game and if my Cap my fps its temperature is under control and i want to know i think from the time when i changed my monitor ( i had a 60hz VA Panel with hdmi cable) now i have a 240 hz ips panel with display port cable , the temperature are rising after getting a 240hz ( i am not sure though ) maybe that's the reason
Then you shouldn't worry as much for temps, but generally the more you use your fans, the more you decrease your life span. It's a fact. But you...

SlavfromBulgaria

Commendable
Apr 29, 2020
So My GPU temperatures are reaching 49c while idle i cleaned my PC Still no difference. before my temps were 39-41 and fast few days they are approx 46-49 . so I should be worried also should I increase my gpu fan speed to 70 . coz temps reaches around 44c then will it harm the life span of fans?
temps will gaming are less than 60 while playing valorant and less than 70 while playing CSGO
and temperature in my city is always more than 30c
GPU - ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER 2 FANS

Hello!
First, are you running more than one monitor?
Second, do you have any fans in your case and what form factor is your case?
Third, is that RTX 2060 second hand or did you get it brand new?
Hope I can help.

Sep 28, 2020
Hello!
First, are you running more than one monitor?
Second, do you have any fans in your case and what form factor is your case?
Third, is that RTX 2060 second hand or did you get it brand new?
Hope I can help.
nope only 1 monitor
yes 3 fans intake in front
1 exhaust in back
1 liquid cooler exhaust above (corsair h45)
no its a new I bought it in march

SlavfromBulgaria

Commendable
Apr 29, 2020
nope only 1 monitor
yes 3 fans intake in front
1 exhaust in back
1 liquid cooler exhaust above (corsair h45)
no its a new I bought it in march
Since you mentioned it, I don't think it's normal to have such a hot RTX 2060, after all those should be relatively cool, even with high ambient temperatures. On Valorant maxed out my ITX form RX 570 (which should be way hotter than your RTX 2060) doesn't even overclock it's core clock to the max and doesn't go above 50 degrees at 1080p with fans at 40%. Same with CS:GO at almost maxed out, those aren't very GPU intensive titles. If you get these high temps with games like these, I don't want to think what happens if you launch a game like RDR2. As far as idle temps, I get around 53 degrees with my fans at 0% because I'm running 2 monitors and my memory clock is maxed out (AMD do that so you don't get any black screens or anything). My advice would be to check if GPU fan is faulty, if you have to run at 70% fan speed I guess it gets quite noisy, or to change GPU thermal paste if you think it will help temps, but for 7 months of usage I don't think it's the thermal paste. It can also be bad airflow due to case selection/case form factor or bad cable management. Having a cramped case also doesn't help temps.
Hope this helps.

Sep 28, 2020
playing COD MW rises my temperature upto 80 and 70% fans speed is fine with me , no sound issues for me , I just want to if it will lower the life span of my gpu fans and as i said i used to get around 39-41 but for past few days its rising . but no problem in game and if my Cap my fps its temperature is under control and i want to know i think from the time when i changed my monitor ( i had a 60hz VA Panel with hdmi cable) now i have a 240 hz ips panel with display port cable , the temperature are rising after getting a 240hz ( i am not sure though ) maybe that's the reason

SlavfromBulgaria

Commendable
Apr 29, 2020
Then you shouldn't worry as much for temps, but generally the more you use your fans, the more you decrease your life span. It's a fact. But you shouldn't see any issues in the near future regarding fans. It's not constantly running at 100%, so you should breathe, live and have fun while gaming without any worries.
Wish you all the best!

Solution
Sep 28, 2020
Ok thanks bro :D

TRENDING THREADS