Question GPU installed on motherboard is making PC run slow

BigCapitalist

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015
Hey guys,

I am having an issue with installing GPU's on my Asus B250 miner motherboard. When I install the GPU using a GPU riser or even when I plug it directly into the PC without hooking the HDMI to the GPU and monitor and I reboot the PC the PC runs really badly but I do not know why. I have tried everything I could think of. When I plug the HDMI in the GPU to the monitor it runs fine.

I am using an I5 6600K, 8gb ddr4 ram, a 1600 watt PSU, a Samsung 500gb SSD either an AMD Vega 64 or Nvidia 1060 3gb and Linux Ubuntu.

I just installed Linux for the first time to try it out because I don't want to shell out 140 dollars to Microsoft and put up with their BS but because of this I do not know if the issue is having to do with the motherboard or Linux...

I may try to setup the GPU riser on my Windows PC and then I will be able to see if it runs any differently but that still is not going to tell me very much.

These are the GPU risers I am using: https://gpurisers.com/product/6-pack-version-010s-risers/

Thanks