[SOLVED] Gpu Issue

flmrrr3

Prominent
Jul 12, 2018
I bought a pc a couple of months earlier this year and I've been having this problem when windows does not boot and keep saying the problem is because of the srttrial.txt this problem began when I update the gpu drivers, the pc restarted itself, then the blue screen appeared and sayed windows couldn't boot properly and the issue is located on the srttrial.txt file, but I think is because of the gpu, whenever I take it off the pc starts normally, and have no issues so far, Is when I put the gpu back when the pc can't boot, I tried uninstalling the drivers and start again, and looked for an error on the image file of windows but everything seems to work properly, so I would like to know if I can do something to fix it or if I can just ask for a replacement where I bought it.

Is not the first time this happens, at least It happenned four times already but I could fix it by resetting the pc but now it doesn't work, when windows is about to end with the process it stops and restart on the blue screen, don't know if the other times was the gpu fault or if is related to this case but I thought I should add that.

Hope there is a way to fix it, if there is not I'm still under warranty, so is not that bad, anyways Thank for the help.

Solution
The good news is that earlier this morning I took the gpu back where I bought it, they told me that, windows tends to release updates not compatible with some amd software, I would like to know if this can be true or if it happened before just to be sure. They tested it and was working good, so in the end I had to install an older driver version, the 17.1.1 and as for now the pc is working fine.

If I try to install the latest version the pc crashes and I have the same problem again, so I'll give up on that until a new update comes, and hope to install without any issue, turns out you were right it was the OS problem and not the gpu.

I'm glad to hear that...Yes, that's correct. The latest Windows 10 OS updates have been very...
SPECS ?

"Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information.

Please supply the following system details/information: It's not necessary to include ALL these details though, but only those pertaining to your current issue at hand.:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec

Last edited:

flmrrr3

Prominent
Jul 12, 2018
Oh sorry forgot to that.

Cpu: amd ryzen 3 2200g(clock speed 3.5GHz - 3.7GHz, stock cooler)
Gpu: Asrock RX AMD 570 Phantom Gaming D 4 GB (engine clock: 1244 MHz, memory clock: 7000 MHz, driver ver: Adrenalin 2019 edition 19.4.1, tried to update to Adrenalin 2019 edition install to 19.5.1, doesnt let me boot when the gpu plugged in so I don't have a way to know what version have )
Ram: 1x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2400
HDD: Toshiba 1 TB 7200 RPM 3.5" (OS drive)
MOBO: Asrock A320M-HDV
Power Supply:EVGA 600W 80 Plus, four months of use
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300 TG Black (One fan on the back, never have thermal issues)
Monitor: AOC v22, resolution: 1920 x 1080, refresh rate: 60 Hz

I think that's all if there is something not stated here is because I don't know it, like cpu/gpu temperatures, but I never had thermal throttling issues

Regarding the windows not booting issue, ill try to explain with further detail, the pc tries to start but when loading the blue screen apperas and the pc restarts, then a message appears saying that the pc didn't start correctly, and giving me two options, restart(Which attemp an automatic repair and end up failing, its basically an infinite loop) or advance options, when I choose that I try the booting repair option, then it restarts, after that a message appears saying that windows failed the booting repair with the following file path E:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\SrtTrial.txt, that is all I know about the issue.

Last edited:
Okay. Specs are fine ! IMO, this Srttrail.txt BSOD error (also known as MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION) in Windows 10 is a critical system malfunction that sends you into BSOD mode, even before you can restart your computer.

Essentially, Srttrail.txt BSOD error on Windows 10 informs about a failed automatic system repair and might allow allows the user to choose between two options: advanced repair and system shut down. The advanced function starts the PC in Safe Mode but, sadly, this hardly helps to boot the PC properly, and you might get stuck in an infinite error loop as well.

This Srttrail.txt BSOD error may be caused by some corrupted software installed on the computer. Additionally, it can ALSO be related to hardware issues, such as incompatible hardware implementation or power supply overload. In either way, you should run a computer checkup with some trusted repair software to make sure that these issues are not causing the BSOD.

To sum it up, Srttrail.txt BSOD error can be related to these issues:
  • Corrupted software;
  • Hardware issues;
  • Windows 10 update;
  • Malware....
Have you tried doing a FRESH/clean Windows OS install ? Can you do a system Restore on your OS ?

Regarding the windows not booting issue, ill try to explain with further detail, the pc tries to start but when loading the blue screen apperas and the pc restarts, then a message appears saying that the pc didn't start correctly, and giving me two options, restart(Which attemp an automatic repair and end up failing, its basically an infinite loop) or advance options, when I choose that I try the booting repair option, then it restarts, after that a message appears saying that windows failed the booting repair with the following file path E:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\SrtTrial.txt, that is all I know about the issu

Exactly. But I didn't read this part of your Edited Text before, but I've just now explained the causes of this BSOD error, caused by the Srttrail.txt file. Kindly check my reply posted above.

Last edited:

flmrrr3

Prominent
Jul 12, 2018
Yeah I agree with everything you said nor safe mode or advance repair works, and yes I tried a system restore a lot of times and after the process ends the pc tries to start just to end up in the blue screen saying something went wrong.

It may be a corrupted driver install but I removed it later, and cannot be malware cause I was a clean install after resetting the pc, and don't know about a windows update becuase the pc works fine without the gpu, still, I wouldn't be surprise if was because of windows update.

About what you said of a trusted repair software to do checkup could you recommend one, I don't know any, and it may be corrupted software I don't know about.

About what you said of a trusted repair software to do checkup could you recommend one, I don't know any, and it may be corrupted software I don't know about.

There are quiet a few tools, but this one is the best, at least in my opinion. Reimage repair tool. Though sadly, it's not free to use. Some users claim this is a virus/bloatware, but that's not entirely true.

https://www.reimageplus.com/

https://www.reimageplus.com/what-reimage-fixes/

EDIT:

Never mind, that tool is not that much reliable. I will suggest some other program.

Last edited:

flmrrr3

Prominent
Jul 12, 2018
Well I tried the free scanner that comes with the program and no issues where found, also the sfc /scannow command found anything wrong.

EDIT:

Never mind, that tool is not that much reliable. I will suggest some other program.

Now I know why avast didn't let me install at first XD.

Last edited:

flmrrr3

Prominent
Jul 12, 2018
Which free scanner did you try ? The one that came with reimageplus ?
Yeah that one, and didn't show anything wrong, but you said is not that reliable so maybe there is something I've been missing.

Looks like an OS issue to me as well. Check some other hardware on this same system.
I also tough that at first, as far as I know everything works fine with the other parts, maybe the power supply but it never failed before and its fairly recent so it hasn't got much use.

flmrrr3

Prominent
Jul 12, 2018
I'm not full sure, but I will check on this and report back. BTW, do you have a spare PSU with you ?

No, I have one but it doesn't have the six pin connector for the gpu.

The good news is that earlier this morning I took the gpu back where I bought it, they told me that, windows tends to release updates not compatible with some amd software, I would like to know if this can be true or if it happened before just to be sure. They tested it and was working good, so in the end I had to install an older driver version, the 17.1.1 and as for now the pc is working fine.

If I try to install the latest version the pc crashes and I have the same problem again, so I'll give up on that until a new update comes, and hope to install without any issue, turns out you were right it was the OS problem and not the gpu.

Last edited:

I'm glad to hear that...Yes, that's correct. The latest Windows 10 OS updates have been very finicky, and they might cause issues on some systems, as evident from the many complaints received till now, from different customers. The latest Win 10 update has broken more things, rather than fixing it.

....I told before this could be an issue related to the OS as well. Doing a system restore, or rollbacking the GPU drivers might help. Also, you can delete and uninstall the latest OS updates as well, if possible...

Solution

flmrrr3

Prominent
Jul 12, 2018
Thanks, at least now I can rest assure knowing I'm not the only one with this issue, yeah, is not the first time a windows update mess up my computer, but I never tough they could mess up that bad.

Unfortunately, I have no means to roll back to another update so I have to stick with that for the moment, but the pc is working fine though.

So thanks for your help, I didn't even know the reason to this issue to begin with.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

TRENDING THREADS