GPU Market Grows Depite Recession

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Yeah but, intels gpu market share consists of peopel that just buy intel becuase its intel, or becuase they dont knwo any better, no one looking for a GPU buys intel becuase of its performance

on the other hand when someoen goes and buys ati amd or nvidia gpus, they do it becuase they know what they want, specifically when they go and seek out budget or performance products, OF course there is also a large percet of peopel that also dont know anythign about gps and end up buyign crap like the fx5200 lols, just cause it has 512ram, AND also theres the AMD/NVIDIA integrated chipsets, which probably most people choose over intels igps solution

petevsdrm

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
Hopefully this will be good for the PC gaming market, as it means that more game-capable machines are in homes. I try to be an optimist, anyway.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
"Peddie reports that one third of all new PCs being shipped today utilize more than one GPU"
A 8600GT card on a G31 motherboard shouldn't equal dual GPU.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]"Peddie reports that one third of all new PCs being shipped today utilize more than one GPU"A 8600GT card on a G31 motherboard shouldn't equal dual GPU.[/citation]
I think it does in his statistics. I've got a wierd idea that even a disabled onboard gpu counts towards to the total. The research probably focusses on what manufacturers are shipping, not how they're put to use.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Not surprising.

In times of economic ressesion people will look for entertainment they can use at home. Gaming in general is on the rise simply because it's cheaper than going to the movies or other extroverted events.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]Not surprising.In times of economic ressesion people will look for entertainment they can use at home. Gaming in general is on the rise simply because it's cheaper than going to the movies or other extroverted events.[/citation]
Could be. Find me a nice date, and I'll go to a movie with her though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.