[SOLVED] gpu max fan speed on startup and no display (HD 7570)

Apr 8, 2022
hi this is my first time on a forum
so, ive been facing this issue since a few weeks now that my gpu when plugged in starts at max fan speed and gives out no display i have tried to do some fixes but nothing seems to be working at the moment
ive tried removing cmos and keeping it out for 5 mins and putting back to see if bios was the issue doesnt work
tried 3 different pcs with different watt psu
tried multiple thermal paste nothing seems to be working
the capacitors all seem fine too none of emm are inflated or anything
also other pc parts are completely fine because when i boot with integrated graphics pc turns on just fine
and so i think my gpu is dead
pc specs
dell optiplex 990
i5-2500 3.3ghz
8gb ram ddr3
2 hdd (500gb,320gb)
300 wats psu
ps. ( i know that minimum requirement for hd 7570 is 350 watts but ive been using my gpu with this configuration since 3 years now and never did i ever face this prob i even had it overclocked)
the only problem that ever occured before was that sometime pc freezes the screen distorts to random colours but background processes are working to fix it i just force turn off pc and restart and it works just fine
now i dont know what the problem maybe now ive tried whatever i can but cant find a solution
can anyone help me here?

Solution
It is a raidmax r-300 x
Its not 80+ rated
That could be the cause and im also thinking the gpu is dead
Any suggestions on new gpu if this doesnt workout?
That PSU is garbage quality and you have been pushing it. Extremely surprising it managed to last as long as it did, what's not surprising is it damaged other hardware. Looks like you need atleast a new PSU and GPU and hopefully it hasn't damaged anything else.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

300 wats psu
Make and model of your PSU as well as it's age?

ps. ( i know that minimum requirement for hd 7570 is 350 watts but ive been using my gpu with this configuration since 3 years now and never did i ever face this prob i even had it overclocked)
the only problem that ever occured before was that sometime pc freezes the screen distorts to random colours but background processes are working to fix it i just force turn off pc and restart and it works just fine

From your description, the system was actually showing artifacting issues.

Apr 8, 2022
Well its an off brand psu but a custom one and for its agee i think its well over 5 years old cuz i bought this pc arnd 3 yrs ago soo thatss that
But as i said ive tried 3 different pcs with different psu so i dont think power supply is the problem
Thanks for taking notice!

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
hi this is my first time on a forum
so, ive been facing this issue since a few weeks now that my gpu when plugged in starts at max fan speed and gives out no display i have tried to do some fixes but nothing seems to be working at the moment
ive tried removing cmos and keeping it out for 5 mins and putting back to see if bios was the issue doesnt work
tried 3 different pcs with different watt psu
tried multiple thermal paste nothing seems to be working
the capacitors all seem fine too none of emm are inflated or anything
also other pc parts are completely fine because when i boot with integrated graphics pc turns on just fine
and so i think my gpu is dead
pc specs
dell optiplex 990
i5-2500 3.3ghz
8gb ram ddr3
2 hdd (500gb,320gb)
300 wats psu
now i dont know what the problem maybe now ive tried whatever i can but cant find a solution
can anyone help me here?
The TDP of the 7570 is just 60 watts if you tried it in different PC's then yes the card is probably dead.

Apr 8, 2022
But the thing is that after it failed in my oc i went to another pc and it boot up after 2-3 attempts i was happy came back home tried on my pc it booted but at lock screen it crashed again and maxed fan speed and no display then another pc i had in my home i tried there worked turned on and i even downloaded drivers it was working completely fine but hen idk why 😭 i did some gpu scaling related stuff and same thing happened it crashed max fan speed no display and now it aint working on any 3 pc's

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
But the thing is that after it failed in my oc i went to another pc and it boot up after 2-3 attempts i was happy came back home tried on my pc it booted but at lock screen it crashed again and maxed fan speed and no display then another pc i had in my home i tried there worked turned on and i even downloaded drivers it was working completely fine but hen idk why 😭 i did some gpu scaling related stuff and same thing happened it crashed max fan speed no display and now it aint working on any 3 pc's
Now you say you tried to OC it.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Again, what is the exact PSU? I suspect the GPU is dead, but we're trying to find the cause of death. Overclocking with a junky PSU is a good way to shorten a GPU's lifespan (though this is a 10-year old GPU, so it may very well have died at this point with a good PSU).

bignastyid

Titan
It is a raidmax r-300 x
Its not 80+ rated
That could be the cause and im also thinking the gpu is dead
Any suggestions on new gpu if this doesnt workout?
That PSU is garbage quality and you have been pushing it. Extremely surprising it managed to last as long as it did, what's not surprising is it damaged other hardware. Looks like you need atleast a new PSU and GPU and hopefully it hasn't damaged anything else.

Solution