[SOLVED] Gpu needs 2 6+2 pins, I only have one

bintangwidiyo

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020
im buying sapphire nitro rx 570 8gb OC, and it need 8pin and 6 pin to power up, since im using gamemax gp 550 which have 550w, can i use converter 1x 6+2 pin to 2x 6+2 pin to power up the gpu?

sorry if im asking stupid question because im a newbie.

Solution
No, that's not a safe thing to do, it would be highly recommended to get a better PSU that actually can support your GPU. A 1x6+2 pin to 2x6+2 pin adapter would put your GPU at high risk, and it will probably face problems under load as it won't get sufficient power.
No, that's not a safe thing to do, it would be highly recommended to get a better PSU that actually can support your GPU. A 1x6+2 pin to 2x6+2 pin adapter would put your GPU at high risk, and it will probably face problems under load as it won't get sufficient power.

Solution

bintangwidiyo

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020

thanks man, i'll be using my old gpu until i can buy another psu.
can you suggest me what psu around 500 - 600 watt that have a good quality?
is gamemax good psu?

thanks man, i'll be using my old gpu until i can buy another psu.
can you suggest me what psu around 500 - 600 watt that have a good quality?
is gamemax good psu?
No, it's not. Buy a Corsair CX550, it'll be a little expensive especially due to current situation but anything cheaper/lower quality would be a threat to the safety of your system. If you want a safe, stable system, you'll need to make that investment.