Question GPU not being detected, despite fans spinning

ewro

Honorable
Feb 12, 2018
Some days ago i posted a thread here about my monitor not getting signal from my GPU. Tldr: whenever i set the monitor to DVI i just get a black screen. I have installed a SSD a few days before. It worked for two days and i had restarted the PC multiple times, but when i restarted that one time, the problem happened.

I bought a new DVI-D cable that arrived a few hours ago, but the problem persists, so i guess the cable is not the problem.

Since i'm using the motherboard entry, my GPU is "invisible" to both systems (W10 and Linux). It does not appear on Windows device manager, and i cannot install any drivers for it. Linux device manager shows a message saying that i do not need to change the drivers instead of showind the drivers installed. I also noticed that on BIOS, the CPU fam seems normal while the second one called "SHA1 FAN" is giving an N/A.

My specs:
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A320M-K/BR
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G (using Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics as integrated graphics)
GPU: ASUS Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
RAM: 1x 8GB
HD: Toshiba 1TB (with Linux mint 21.2)
SSD: Kingstom 960 GB (with Windows 10 22H2)
PSU: Thermaltake smartseries 430W
Monitor: SAMSUNG S19C301F

What i tried:
- Factory reset the monitor configuration.
- Turn off the pc, unplug it from the power supply and press the start button during 30 seconds.
- Make the monitor had manual detection instead of auto. I had both VGA and DVI cables plugged at the same time. The VGA works, but as soon i change to DVI, the screen goes black.
- Uninstalled the GPU drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller on Windows. It also deleted nvidia experience.
- Bought a new DVI-D cable.
- Updated the motherboard BIOS to latest version.

I know this topic is about the GPU, but there is a chance that the SSD is the culprit? Not the SSD itself, but maybe i managed to mess something during the installation, but this seems unlikely because it took 2 days for the problem to appear.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
I installed a 450W PSU in my 2000 computer, that thing you got is a megalodinosaurus.
You want to run a somewhat modern PC on half the peak power Watts it needs.
How about swap that for a minimum 750W PSU and then we can start troubleshooting ?

ewro

Honorable
Feb 12, 2018
To be honest, i had my suspicions about the PSU. I gotta check if all the cables are ok and see if i can find an upgrade.

ewro

Honorable
Feb 12, 2018
UPDATE

Today i decided to see if i could change anything in the BIOS, and i change a setting to use PCIE and then i managed to install Nvidia Experience, and with it i installed the GPU drivers and Nvidia control panel. I think i also disabled the Ryzen integrated graphics before the installation.

I restarted the pc after that and somehow, it worked. My monitor was getting GPU signal, the driver was installed and i managed to play some games i couldn't play without the GPU. But after i restarted my computer, i got the error again.

For some reason, now the GPU is hidden on Windows device manager, showing error 45. The Nvidia utilities are installed, however they gives an error message about having no GPU installed.

Here are some pics. The first picture one was taken when i finished to install the GPU driver version 537.13. The pic on the right with black wallpaper was what i was getting when setting the monitor to DVI. After that i restarted the computer.

The second image was taken when i close my game to restart the computer. The wallpaper was black, and there are some visible parts because i "select" them with the mouse.

I guess the GPU is dying and somehow i managed to get one last breath with it. Do you guys have any suggestions?