[SOLVED] gpu not detected on bios although fans spinning and everything

Mar 30, 2020
hi, ive bought a dell optiplex mini tower with an i 5 4670k, later added a corsair 430M power supply to power up my gpu, an r9 380 saphir nitro, but it doesnt get detected when i want to install its driver, although the fans are spinning, please help!

Solution
Your PSU claims to only be capable of delivering 384W over the 12v rail. The video card you are trying to install is about 300W alone.
Try a higher capacity PSU.
And you did not answer my other question, is the display cable plugged in to this graphics card?
Edit: The VGA/DVI/HDMI cable between the display and the computer should be connected to the card and not the motherboard video outlet.
Your PSU claims to only be capable of delivering 384W over the 12v rail. The video card you are trying to install is about 300W alone.
Try a higher capacity PSU.
And you did not answer my other question, is the display cable plugged in to this graphics card?
Edit: The VGA/DVI/HDMI cable between the display and the computer should be connected to the card and not the motherboard video outlet.

Last edited:
Solution
Apr 1, 2020
I'm having the same issue. My PSU is fine aswell, since I've been using it for 4 years on the same setup. But recently my GPU decides mot to work. HELP.