Question GPU not sending signal to monitor, and a plethera of other GPU related problems

Jun 7, 2019
I recently built my first PC, and everything went well. The PC runs just fine without my external graphics card. The onboard graphics work great, it's just my external card has been experiencing problems. I took the necessary troubleshooting steps:
-Made sure the graphics card was secured properly
-Tried removing the battery on the motherboard, and power from the PSU, waiting several minutes, and then turning everything back on
-Tried to install the drivers, but ultimately failed (More on this later)
-Tried the other PCIE slot to make sure it wasn't the motherboard
-Tried UEFI(BIOS) settings, nothing with that either, it was all how it should be

So, after confirming that the system worked great without the graphics card, and going through all of the basic troubleshooting steps, I figured it was time to return it.

Then the new graphics card arrived.... Same problems. I again tried to install the drivers (I am able to use the computer with onboard graphics if the external card is disconnected)

Well, the NVIDIA drivers won't download, because the "proper hardware" isn't connected. I assume this is because the graphics card isn't connected, but if I connect the graphics card I get no signal to the monitor, so this is literally impossible.

I've tried downloading the files via USB, but because of the way the instillation works (The Geforce Experience Software) I am unable to download. I even tried 3rd party software, something I get nervous even touching, and again.... Nothing.

Components:
Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Pro4
CPU: Intel 17 9700k 3.6ghz
Graphics Card: GEFORCE RTX 2070 Gigabyte Windforce 8gb
PSU: 850W Platinum by Corsair

(I have 16gb of DDR4 RAM and a Corsair H100i Liquid CPU cooler, a 512gb SSD, and a 3tb HDD as well, but I seriously doubt this info will be needed)

Jun 7, 2019
The monitor is connected to the motherboard, because none of the slots fit on it.... And the PCIE power cable is ofc connected... This is my first PC build, so sorry for the level of noob. I assume that I will need to get a new cable that connects the monitor to the GPU? And I assume since the only available slots on my graphics card are HDMI slots that I need a cable that has an HDMI adapter on both sides?

Jun 7, 2019
And the reason I couldn't find anything on the forums is because I'm the only one stupid enough to make this mistake. I'm largely embarrassed, but also greatly relieved that it's such a simple fix