gpu power for monirtors

germyjeremy123

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017
can the asus strix gtx 1080 run two 1440p 144hz monitor(the px277 monitor) or do i need to upgrade to a asus strix 1080 ti for these monitors

Note I dont want to wait for the rtx cards or pay for cards $1000+

Thank you

Solution
Sure can as long as you have the connection types for it on the GPU and Monitor. I run 3x monitors 2 are 1440p @ 144hz and the 3rd monitor is a 50'' tv on a 1070. Works like a charm.

Now if you plan on gaming with both monitors (image split between the monitors on games that support it) then you may notice FPS hit. But if you just plan on using the second monitor for web browsers and basic programs etc... and gaming on one monitor alone. Then you shouldn't notice any change.
Sure can as long as you have the connection types for it on the GPU and Monitor. I run 3x monitors 2 are 1440p @ 144hz and the 3rd monitor is a 50'' tv on a 1070. Works like a charm.

Now if you plan on gaming with both monitors (image split between the monitors on games that support it) then you may notice FPS hit. But if you just plan on using the second monitor for web browsers and basic programs etc... and gaming on one monitor alone. Then you shouldn't notice any change.

Solution