News GPU pricing update: Nvidia RTX 4080 Super prices down to $999 MSRP now — 4060 starts at $279

Admin

Administrator
Staff member

DougMcC

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
At this point I assume all the smart money is waiting to see what 50x0 pricing and performance looks like. It's an absolutely awful time to spend on a video card.

Reactions: Jagar123

Jagar123

Prominent
Dec 28, 2022
Huh, still $250 more than I'd spend for a 4080.

*EDIT* This generation is just a skip from me. Last gen was messed up by crypto miners, this generation was messed up by corporate greed.

Last edited:

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Huh, still $250 more than I'd spend for a 4080.

*EDIT* This generation is just a skip from me. Last gen was messed up by crypto miners, this generation was messed up by corporate greed.
it's a mix of corporate greed and supply & demand.

How can you be upset at nVidia? They have constantly been raising their prices and have constantly been selling out. If you make a product and it keeps selling out as you increase the price, that's just better for your business.

The real issue is that AMD and Intel are not providing products that are competitively priced. AMD has gained no market share despite their lower prices. This means their prices were just not low enough. nVidia's next generation of cards are going to be even more expensive, watch and see.

35below0

Notable
Jan 3, 2024

nVidia's next generation of cards are going to be even more expensive, watch and see.
And they'll probably sell out faster than ever. Already there is great anticipation and some are holding off buying a 40XX or even 30XX in favor of jumping straight to 50XX.

This generation is just a skip from me. Last gen was messed up by crypto miners, this generation was messed up by corporate greed.

Let's not point fingers or talk about greed, considering what we spend on enthusiast PCs... 🤫

TheHerald

Proper
Feb 15, 2024
it's a mix of corporate greed and supply & demand.

How can you be upset at nVidia? They have constantly been raising their prices and have constantly been selling out. If you make a product and it keeps selling out as you increase the price, that's just better for your business.

The real issue is that AMD and Intel are not providing products that are competitively priced. AMD has gained no market share despite their lower prices. This means their prices were just not low enough. nVidia's next generation of cards are going to be even more expensive, watch and see.
Im fine with them charging the moon, but at least give us full chips. The 4090 - even though I aknowledge it's a beast - it's really cut down and nowhere near the full ad102 die.

hannibal

Distinguished
Im fine with them charging the moon, but at least give us full chips. The 4090 - even though I aknowledge it's a beast - it's really cut down and nowhere near the full ad102 die.
Full chip means less gpus = higher price. Do you really want that?
There is reason why they don`t use full chip… there would be so few full working chips that prices would,be asteonomical… well not, but $20000 gaming gpu could be viable…

Reactions: carvedinside