Question GPU Shuts Down After 30 Minutes of Gaming – Full System Restart Required

Sep 8, 2024
Hi everyone,

I’ve been facing an issue with my GPU recently where it shuts down after about 30 minutes of gaming, no matter which game I’m playing. When it happens, my monitor goes black, and I lose all signal from the graphics card. The only solution is to restart the entire PC. It’s been consistent, happening like clockwork after around 30 minutes of gameplay.

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

• Updated drivers: Made sure my GPU drivers are up to date.
  • Checked temps: GPU temps seem to be fine, hovering around 70-75°C during gaming.
  • PSU check: My PSU should be powerful enough, but I’m wondering if it’s possibly failing.
  • Reseated the GPU: Took the card out and reseated it in the PCIe slot.
Has anyone else faced something similar, or does anyone have suggestions on what I can try next? Could this be a power supply issue, or maybe something else I’m overlooking?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Rx 6600
RAM: 2x8 3000mhz
Motherboard: B450M S2H
PSU: Evga 650W

Hi everyone,

I’ve been facing an issue with my GPU recently where it shuts down after about 30 minutes of gaming, no matter which game I’m playing. When it happens, my monitor goes black, and I lose all signal from the graphics card. The only solution is to restart the entire PC. It’s been consistent, happening like clockwork after around 30 minutes of gameplay.

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

• Updated drivers: Made sure my GPU drivers are up to date.
  • Checked temps: GPU temps seem to be fine, hovering around 70-75°C during gaming.
  • PSU check: My PSU should be powerful enough, but I’m wondering if it’s possibly failing.
  • Reseated the GPU: Took the card out and reseated it in the PCIe slot.
Has anyone else faced something similar, or does anyone have suggestions on what I can try next? Could this be a power supply issue, or maybe something else I’m overlooking?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Rx 6600
RAM: 2x8 3000mhz
Motherboard: B450M S2H
PSU: Evga 650W

what is the exact model of the psu there are hundreds of evga 650w and you could have a good one or a damn right house fire.

if the whole computer is shutting down i would put it down to a bad psu.

what is your cpu temperature ?

what are you using to measure your temperature.

Sep 8, 2024
Thanks for the reply! The exact model of my PSU is an EVGA 650 N1.

As for the CPU temperature, I’ve checked it while gaming and it’s usually around 60-65°C, so it doesn’t seem too high. I’m using the AMD driver panel to measure both CPU and GPU temps.

Do you think the PSU could still be the issue despite the temps being okay, or is there something else I should look into?