Question GPU stops working as soon as WiFi is connected ?

Nov 20, 2023
Hi there,

Ran into some issues with my 6700xt today, which are causing me a bit of a headache.

It started off with my pc running a disk check when I switched it on, thought it was strange but let it do its thing until it came to a black screen, I left it about an hour on the black screen, but nothing ever happened so I ended up just switching it off and trying to power up again.

When powering up it would flash the Bios loading screen but as soon as windows would start loading, it would lose signal.

By power cycling I am able to boot the pc in safe mode and everything seems to work fine in that environment. While in safe mode, I have tried using DDU to uninstall all drivers and reboot to do a fresh install but this is not working. The minute I connect the pc to the internet im assuming the drivers are automatically trying to update and I immediately lose signal and I can hear the jingle windows 11 makes when you disconnect something.

I am able to operate the pc outside of safe mode provided all GPU drivers have been removed in safe mode previously and I have left the internet unplugged. The minute I plug an Ethernet cable into the back, there’s about a 15/20 second delay and then I immediately lose signal.

Does anyone know a way that I can disable windows 11 auto updating drivers (as currently that seems the problem) or a way I can download fresh drivers onto my AMD card without needing a network connection?

I’m unsure whether my card is perhaps busy (I’ve only owned about 4 months) or if some issue has been caused due to the disk checking right at the start which could be more of a windows issue?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Oscar

Reactions: Order 66

Colif

Win 11 Master
Last edited:

Marcus92

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2012
Hi there,

Ran into some issues with my 6700xt today, which are causing me a bit of a headache.

It started off with my pc running a disk check when I switched it on, thought it was strange but let it do its thing until it came to a black screen, I left it about an hour on the black screen, but nothing ever happened so I ended up just switching it off and trying to power up again.

When powering up it would flash the Bios loading screen but as soon as windows would start loading, it would lose signal.

By power cycling I am able to boot the pc in safe mode and everything seems to work fine in that environment. While in safe mode, I have tried using DDU to uninstall all drivers and reboot to do a fresh install but this is not working. The minute I connect the pc to the internet im assuming the drivers are automatically trying to update and I immediately lose signal and I can hear the jingle windows 11 makes when you disconnect something.

I am able to operate the pc outside of safe mode provided all GPU drivers have been removed in safe mode previously and I have left the internet unplugged. The minute I plug an Ethernet cable into the back, there’s about a 15/20 second delay and then I immediately lose signal.

Does anyone know a way that I can disable windows 11 auto updating drivers (as currently that seems the problem) or a way I can download fresh drivers onto my AMD card without needing a network connection?

I’m unsure whether my card is perhaps busy (I’ve only owned about 4 months) or if some issue has been caused due to the disk checking right at the start which could be more of a windows issue?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Oscar
Delete, erase the driver wifi and ethernet. Reload the machine and then download the drivers wifi and ethernet