GPU type Intel HD Graphics 4000 upgrade

Stuhixxy

Reputable
May 5, 2014
I recently bought a new laptop with an GPU type Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics card but am finding this is not good enough to run some of the programs that I wish to run.

My system specs are:

GPU type Intel HD Graphics 4000

Integrated / discrete graphics Integrated

Type Laptop

Operating system Windows 8 Processor

Intel® Core™ i5-3337U Processor (1.8 GHz, 2.7 GHz with TurboBoost, 3 MB cache)

Storage

750 GB HDD, 5400 rpm

Could anyone recommend a reasonable priced graphics card which would work better than this.

Many thanks

Solution
You have 'discrete graphics integrated' listed, is it a discrete video card or only the Intel HD 4000 from the processor? If the laptop only came with the integrated graphics on the CPU, there is not much hope for being able to add-in a discrete video card unless the laptop model had options from the manufacturer to add the graphics card, in which case you may be able to install one, but most likely not very easily.
You have 'discrete graphics integrated' listed, is it a discrete video card or only the Intel HD 4000 from the processor? If the laptop only came with the integrated graphics on the CPU, there is not much hope for being able to add-in a discrete video card unless the laptop model had options from the manufacturer to add the graphics card, in which case you may be able to install one, but most likely not very easily.

Solution

Herobrine

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Do your homework then buy stuff. No laptop can be upgraded that easely. Usualy you can upgrade HDD, RAM, DVD, well that is it. If it was AMD iGPU it would be far better than just Intel HD. And be sure that you have only HD4000.