[SOLVED] Gpu underloading.............Getting pink and greenish glitches on screen.

shafay88

Reputable
BANNED
Nov 3, 2019
Recently my GPU has been glitching out alot.....Like everytime I open a game after few mins it glitches and my monitor goes blank then the pc restarts itself..........I have also got the blue screen of death of windows.This has been happening to me for almost 2 months now and I think 1 month ago I underclocked my GPU........After underclocking games were running fine and everything was fine but for a few days only then it again started.I saw many posts and videos on it and was wanting to know if my PSU can mess up my GPU.My PSU is 1 year old.....

Specs:

Processor:Intel Core i5 3470T
Ram:4x2GB(8GB)
PSU:Intel 320W
Motherboard: Intel Q75 Chipset
GPU:GT 1030

Any sort of info would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
You forgot to tell us what graphics card you have. Anyway, sounds like it's artifacting - happens when the GPU gets too hot thus why undervolting made it stable for a bit. Check your GPU temps with MSI afterburner and see if the temps reach above or near 85C.

Also for testing purposes, try taking out the graphics card and use the CPU's integrated graphics to see if you get blue screen or random shutdowns while gaming. You probably won't be able to play the game but this is to see if your PSU or anything else BESIDES the graphics card is the issue.
You forgot to tell us what graphics card you have. Anyway, sounds like it's artifacting - happens when the GPU gets too hot thus why undervolting made it stable for a bit. Check your GPU temps with MSI afterburner and see if the temps reach above or near 85C.

Also for testing purposes, try taking out the graphics card and use the CPU's integrated graphics to see if you get blue screen or random shutdowns while gaming. You probably won't be able to play the game but this is to see if your PSU or anything else BESIDES the graphics card is the issue.

Solution

shafay88

Reputable
BANNED
Nov 3, 2019

Thanks for replying....Also added my GPU lol which is GT 1030.
About the temps my GPU at idle sits at 30-35C.After playing PUBG Lite on it for hardly 5 mins my screen glitched as I mentioned and then went blank.......Then the PC restarted it self.......the temp on it crashed was 51C.But I do remember playing Apex legend on my GPU and the temps used to go till 75C but this was when my GPU started dying or glitching.I did remove my GPU before and played CSGO on my CPU's integrated graphics to check my if my GPU was the prob and I played 1 full hour on my CPU's integrated graphics without any kind of glitches or crashes etc.

Thanks for replying....Also added my GPU lol which is GT 1030.
About the temps my GPU at idle sits at 30-35C.After playing PUBG Lite on it for hardly 5 mins my screen glitched as I mentioned and then went blank.......Then the PC restarted it self.......the temp on it crashed was 51C.But I do remember playing Apex legend on my GPU and the temps used to go till 75C but this was when my GPU started dying or glitching.I did remove my GPU before and played CSGO on my CPU's integrated graphics to check my if my GPU was the prob and I played 1 full hour on my CPU's integrated graphics without any kind of glitches or crashes etc.

If you were able to play CSGO without issue, but unable to do so with the 1030, then that proves your GPU is the issue and will need replacing. A GTX 1050Ti will still work within your PSU range.