2spooky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
My PC specs: gpu: 1050 ti
cpu: i5 3470
memory: 8gigs
PSU: sirtec 400
monitor: benq 21.5" 1080p 60hz

I have a budget for these two , an rx 570 4gb or 1060 3gb , I'd really like to get the 1060 6gb but even the second hand prices in my country are a bit too high imo and it's not justified

I'm thorn between the 570 and 1060 3gb , I've seen plenty youtube vids of benchmarks between these two cards and in some games the 1060 is leading and in others the rx 570

Would like some recommendations if possible , thanks!

D

Deleted member 2731765

Get the RX 570 GPU model, either 4GB or 8GB. 3GB doesn't cut the mustard these days, though this also depends on the game being played. But please Replace that SIRTEC PSU, if you plan to upgrade your GPU.

Last edited by a moderator:

2spooky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
I'll be replacing the entire platform but I'm the kind of guy that wants to squeeze all the performance from a platform until it's obsolete , I think i could make a few more upgrade to gain more performance and that is to get an i7 3770 but I wanted to go with the gpu upgrade cause that's where you gain significant fps.

If you play games that favor AMD than get the 570, if you play games that favor Nvidia get the 1060, If thats way of deciding doesn't work I would lean towards the 1060, but if you plan on keeping this card for a while the 4gb of ram on the 570 might become a big benefit.

Odds are you won't notice the difference between the two in most games.

Are there really not RX580 4gb in your country for the same price as the 1060?

and lastly please replace your PSU or you might fry everything...

D

Deleted member 2731765

I'll be replacing the entire platform but I'm the kind of guy that wants to squeeze all the performance from a platform until it's obsolete , I think i could make a few more upgrade to gain more performance and that is to get an i7 3770 but I wanted to go with the gpu upgrade cause that's where you gain significant fps.

Don't overlook the PSU model though. That SIRTEC PSU is not the very best of power supply units, quality wise that is.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible.

Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system.
Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Reactions: digitalgriffin

2spooky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
I see you guys having a problem with my PSU , been using it literally since I bought my PC in 2012 and I had various gpus in my system such as amd hd 6870 and the hungriest one being my r9 270x windforce x3 which even required 2x6pin connectors , I had to buy another 6pin connect cause my PSU came only with 1 and I even made a slight OC to that r9 270x , I had no problems with my PSU and entire system all these years so idk what to say.

Anyway , I found an rx 570 from sapphire for a very good price , with 8gb vram but I see it requires 1x6pin +1x8pin connector so I guess I'll have to buy the 8pin connector , my question is , will it consume more than that r9 270x I had or not? Can I use it safely or I'm risking it if I buy it?

D

Deleted member 2731765

Using any MOLEX adapters/connectors, 6/8-PIN is not recommended. IF your PSU lacks enough PCI-E/PEG connectors, then you need to buy a compatible PSU, if you plan to upgrade your current GPU.

If your PSU does not have 8-pins (or 6+2) included, there is a high probability that it does not have adequate rating/quality to handle medium-high power GPUs.

2spooky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
I don't know what to do , I don't wanna invest too much money , I also found a 1060 3gb with a single fan from gigabyte that requires only 1x6 pin connector but I don't like the sound of 3gb vram ... and it's 35$ more than that rx 570 nitro 8gb , both cards are 2nd hand without warranty ... nvidia is such an overpriced brand ...

update: i just ordered a thermaltake smart 80+ 500w psu , this one should do the job , for now i'm on standby with the gpu , will buy one in the near future depending what offers i see

Last edited:

2spooky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
Coming with an update: I bought an rx 570 4gb from xfx , 2nd hand for a good price , I stress tested my entire system running furmark and prime95 at the same time for 5 minutes to check for instabilities , all was ok except the gpu temp that scared me , topped at 86C (it's summer here , 30c in my room).

After changing the thermal paste with mx4 and a couple of days of testing I managed to undervolt it from 1150mv to 990mv with the same factory clocks from xfx , coreclock: 1286mhz and memoryclock: 1750mhz , now it wouldn't go over 80C in furmark and 75C in games. I left the fan on default cause it's quite loud anyway.

I still think the temps are quite high , I'm not used to this since my 1050 Ti didn't go over 72C and also fans were dead silent on 50% constant , is this OK for this brand of 570?