Distinguished
Oct 9, 2016
Hey there,

Willing to upgrade the GPU

System:

CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D
GPU: RTX 2060 OC
PSU: Will be upgraded with GPU upgrade.

Final: want to play on 4k resolution, willing to spend around 1k euro.

With a 1k Euro budget, the fastest card you will be able to get is the Radeon 7900XTX. It provides 4080 level of performance in 4k non ray tracing gaming. When you use ray tracing, the performance is more like the 3080/3080Ti. Currently the 7900XTX starts at just under 1k Euro but more are over that.

If you wanted to go the nVidia route then the fastest card you can get in the 4070Ti. Its performance is around that of the 3090 but only comes with 12GB VRAM compared to 24GB VRAM found on the 3090/Ti and 7900XTX. High resolution gaming, especially if you use highest settings, can eat up the VRAM very quickly. Therefore in a way the 4070Ti isn't as "future proof" as cards with more VRAM but the same amount of graphical horsepower. That said you can always run at lower quality settings or use DLSS to help mitigate some of the lack of VRAM.

Vilionzo

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2016
With a 1k Euro budget, the fastest card you will be able to get is the Radeon 7900XTX. It provides 4080 level of performance in 4k non ray tracing gaming. When you use ray tracing, the performance is more like the 3080/3080Ti. Currently the 7900XTX starts at just under 1k Euro but more are over that.

If you wanted to go the nVidia route then the fastest card you can get in the 4070Ti. Its performance is around that of the 3090 but only comes with 12GB VRAM compared to 24GB VRAM found on the 3090/Ti and 7900XTX. High resolution gaming, especially if you use highest settings, can eat up the VRAM very quickly. Therefore in a way the 4070Ti isn't as "future proof" as cards with more VRAM but the same amount of graphical horsepower. That said you can always run at lower quality settings or use DLSS to help mitigate some of the lack of VRAM.
Since im using GIGABYTES 4k monitor with AMD freesync, it would be better to go 7900XTX? Do you reckon?

Vilionzo

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2016
Depending on the monitor an nVidia card might be able to use the freesync. However, I feel that the 7900XTX is the overall better card for now and the future.
I'm starting to agree, any PSU recommendation? Otherwise i could jump on PSU threat, gonna mark your answer as a solution shortly ;)

Reactions: Order 66
I would avoid gigabyte. Friend of mine here in the USA bought one from them, had issues a few months in, so he rma’d the card. Gigabyte sent him a used/refurbished card (he’d only had his about 6 months). The card they sent him had the same issues as his original one. He rma’d the second card and asked for a refund. To my knowledge they sent him another card instead that seems to work fine. But he was so annoyed he bought another card in the meantime and has vowed not to purchase any more gigabyte products.

Reactions: Vilionzo

TRENDING THREADS