Question GPU usage drops

MikeC24

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
Hello everyone , my GPU drops its usage quite often and causes fps drops wich increases frame times and makes the game not feel smooth at all , i noticed that when it drops usage my cpu usage spikes up for a moment and voltage limit goes down and no load limit goes up , anyone know why this is happening?
i will post my afterburners graph so you can see what im talking about , also i will list my rig down bellow , Thank you .

Afterburner graph : View: https://imgur.com/a/4IjTBk4

these benchmarks where taken while playing COD Warzone @ 1080 p with almost every video setting on low

My rig
CPU: i7 8700 k O'c @ 4.7 ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOR OC 8 GB
MB: ASUS PRIME Z370 p
PSU:Cooler Master Masterwatt lite 700 W
RAM: 2x 8 GB Ripjaws
HDD : 1 TB HDD ( OS on it and most games )
SSD: 120 GB

do you know what kind of monitor you have? with your gear you should not be having issues at 1080p. in game GRAPHICS settings make sure your render resolution is 100% and that your monitor refresh rate and resolution match that of the current monitor you are running, whether it be 60hz@1080p or 144hz@1440p for example...

also when you built the system was a clean install of win 10 performed and have you tried it recently?

MikeC24

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
Thank you fo replying , my Display is a MSI Optix Mag27c 144hz
I updated nvidia driver today and everything got worse , before it was only my gpu usage buging me and some frametime issues , but had consistent 141/140 fps and now I get like 90 fps not even in multiplayer , I tried going back to my older driver and its still the same , my cpu usage stays at 70 % and before was like 40 %