Question GPU usage jumping from 0 to 100 every 2 or 3 seconds while playing Far Cry 3.

vicektriz

Reputable
Jul 17, 2018
Hello, let me give some context. Recently I started playing Far Cry 3 again with my new GPU, all was going good but in one moment I opened MSI Afterburner to see how temperatures were going due that the GPU fans started making noise (by default they don't work until GPU reachs certain temp), well so, the temperatures were in like 62 degrees but the usage graphic was pretty weird, it seemed to be jumping from 0 (or super low levels, like 3 or 4) to full charge. I turned on ODS and started to monitorize. The usage of the gpu jumped to 100% then dropped to 0% in 2 seconds or like, over and over.

After seeing that I did some test in other 2 games I have currently installed and this were the results, including the Far Cry 3 one, here are the MSI Afterburner graphics:

View: https://imgur.com/a/hjvxn08

All 3 games were in the highest graphics and my specs are:

CPU: Intel I3-3770

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 rev2.1

GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX570

RAM: 8GB GDDR3 HyperX

And the GPU idle temperature is 35 degrees celsius.

So finally the question, is this normal? In addition, the temperatures while playing FC3 were like 10 to 20 degrees higher compared to the other 2 games. Should I be worried about it?
I know that Far Cry 3 has a bad optimization in PC but I don't know if this is normal or can hurt my GPU.
Beforehand, thank you for reading and answering.