[SOLVED] GPU wont display but fans working fine

Sep 8, 2021
Yesterday I was playing Battlefield V and when I closed It, after 5-10 minutes im back and the screen is black. Restarted It and It wont show BIOS.
My GPU is Gtx 1660 ti armor, i bought It second hand a year ago.
The monitor is fine, i tried It with a laptop, and also the hdmi is working fine. The GPU wont display conected to TV neither.
I tried these and anything fixed the issue:
  • Connecting to the other PCIe
  • Tried using a different PSU conector
  • Connected hdmi to motherboard but i think i doesnt have integrated graphics. Motherboard is Asus Tuf Gaming 450 plus and Ryzen 3 3100.
  • I tried reassembling it
  • Tried BIOS battery reset

I dont know what else to try guys, the gpu its been working fine for a year until yesterday. I dont have warranty.

I didnt tried the gpu in a different pc but im trying.
What else could i try? Reapplying new thermal paste? I think it didnt have enought refrigeration and this year and that might be the problem.

Thank you all beforehand.

Solution
Have you tried to put that gpu to second a rig?
If the fans are spinning and there is a black screen then the problem would be your gpu.
When there isnt any output or a black screen usually one of the chips of the vrm of your graphics card is dead, most of the time is the mosfet of your gpu is dead because it heats up alot and it either explode or shorted because of the overhead, Thats why its important to make sure there is a heatsink for your mosfets. Btw if you dont know what vrm means, vrm is basically the chips that powers your graphics card.
Now on how to fix it, you could either bring it to a repair shop(option 1) or you could do it your self by baking your gpu(option 2) or by buying a multimeter and identify which chips are...

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
If the fans are spinning and there is a black screen then the problem would be your gpu.
When there isnt any output or a black screen usually one of the chips of the vrm of your graphics card is dead, most of the time is the mosfet of your gpu is dead because it heats up alot and it either explode or shorted because of the overhead, Thats why its important to make sure there is a heatsink for your mosfets. Btw if you dont know what vrm means, vrm is basically the chips that powers your graphics card.
Now on how to fix it, you could either bring it to a repair shop(option 1) or you could do it your self by baking your gpu(option 2) or by buying a multimeter and identify which chips are shorted and then remove it with a heat gun and then buy a new chip of that model you see on the old chip that shorted and then solder it to your gpu(option 3).
Basically go for the option 1 its much cheaper than buying another gpu because of the gpu shortages and if that doesnt work then go for option 2, and if option 2 doesnt work then i guess sell that gpu on ebay and buy a another gpu. Option 3? Dont even think about it your not a gpu repair guy unless you would spend hours and hours on learning how to fix a gpu.
I used to have this problem like you
215542207_580744366277751_4049444301682265068_n.jpg

And how i fix it was using the baking method and it did fix my gpu, if you want to know how to do it search on google "how to fix a dead gpu using the baking method"
Btw this method isnt going to garantee that your gpu would work 100%

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 8, 2021
Now on how to fix it, you could either bring it to a repair shop(option 1) or you could do it your self by baking your gpu(option 2) or by buying a multimeter and identify which chips are shorted and then remove it with a heat gun and then buy a new chip of that model you see on the old chip that shorted and then solder it to your gpu(option 3).
Basically go for the option 1 its much cheaper than buying another gpu because of the gpu shortages and if that doesnt work then go for option 2, and if option 2 doesnt work then i guess sell that gpu on ebay and buy a another gpu. Option 3? Dont even think about it your not a gpu repair guy unless you would spend hours and hours on learning how to fix a gpu.
I used to have this problem like you
215542207_580744366277751_4049444301682265068_n.jpg

And how i fix it was using the baking method and it did fix my gpu, if you want to know how to do it search on google "how to fix a dead gpu using the baking method"
Btw this method isnt going to garantee that your gpu would work 100%

Just tried connecting It to a friends PC and the graphic card world fine, what could It be?