[SOLVED] Gpu wont work in primary slot !!!

Apr 4, 2021
Hi, I have a GTX 1080 8GB AORUS gpu and I have tried everything to get it to work in the top PCIE slot on my motherboard, but it just won't work. It works perfectly fine in the bottom slot (not ideal as I'm losing frames) all the bios and drivers are up to date. Please help. My specs are...

PSU :Thermaltake 750w. MOBO : MSI B450 A pro max. CPU : Ryzen 5 2600x RAM : 16GB 2133mhz

Solution
Not really but using a pc without case means loose add on cards which can put more wear and tear on components and the slots they work in. I would suggest a open chassis or cut a old pc case for the card support brackets
Apr 4, 2021
Your ram is a bit slow for a ryzen cpu. Amd loves fast ram. Check in the bios for pcie set for primary display and install gpu in fisrt slot and try again. Unplug psu before touching hardware

Previously, I tried the install GPU on the first slot, and it worked so fine for two days
This means that the RAM work so fine with this CPU.

, After which I changed the place of pc and GPU became only working in the second slot. I know that sounds so weird but idk what should i do ?
Knowing that I use the PC without a case !!
does this affect the position of the GPU ?

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
Not really but using a pc without case means loose add on cards which can put more wear and tear on components and the slots they work in. I would suggest a open chassis or cut a old pc case for the card support brackets

Solution

Wolfshadw

Titan
I know that sounds so weird but idk what should i do ?
Knowing that I use the PC without a case !!
does this affect the position of the GPU ?
Mount the system in a case. It could be just that the GPU isn't sitting correctly in the slot and mounting it to the case rear expansion ports could resolve this. It could also be that when you moved the PC, you damaged the top PCI-Ex16 and you'd need to replace the motherboard (hence why you mount it in a case).

-Wolf sends

Apr 4, 2021
Mount the system in a case. It could be just that the GPU isn't sitting correctly in the slot and mounting it to the case rear expansion ports could resolve this. It could also be that when you moved the PC, you damaged the top PCI-Ex16 and you'd need to replace the motherboard (hence why you mount it in a case).

-Wolf sends

I will buy the case ,and i will see !

Apr 4, 2021
I have tried everything except trying to install the GPU with the case, I will buy the case and i will see !

Latest posts