Question GPU working, but no display (no signal)

Nov 14, 2019
Hi, so I use 2 monitors (they are actually TV's) as my displays for my PC. Both are connected by HDMI, the output from the IGPU works fine, but the dedicated GPU displays no output. (This setup has worked in the past, but I unplugged everything and put it all away for a few weeks)

I thought my GPU might be broken, however when i play video games, i can choose to play them with my dedicated GPU and they will run smoothly. So i know for sure my GPU works and has power going to it.

So then i thought, maybe the HDMI port in my GPU is broken, but in the display settings in windows 10, it shows 2 monitors, and it even shows the name of the second monitor, so information is being processed between the monitor and the GPU, i dont think this would happen if the cable or port wasent working, correct?

I have also updated my drivers, and changed the main display to PCIE in my bios, but this changed nothing. And unfortunately i cannot try another port, as my GPU only has the option for HDMI, DVI or DP, while my TV only has HDMI or VGA.

Edit, i have also tried multiple HDMI cables, and multiple monitors(TV's)

Edit 2:
CPU - intel i7-6700k
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
PSU - Corsair CX500
RAM - DDR4 2x 16GB

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

so it will run game but not windows?
Sorry
CPU - intel i7-6700k
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
PSU - Corsair CX500
RAM - DDR4 2x 16GB

Yes, games are 100% using my 1070 and not my IGPU, I can also move my mouse outside of the screen like it is entering the second monitor(the one connected to the GPU), it has also displayed on the same monitor before in the past.