Question GPU-Z is this normal?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 23, 2022
i have recently bought used gtx 1080 8gb msi gaming x
it's my first gpu and i just wanna confirm if everything is ok in this gpu because the seller gave me 1 month warranty so i want to thoroughly check everything please kindly tell me if all of the info shown in pic is normal.

my specs:
z820 workstation pc
it has 1200w power supply with 3x 6 pin connectors i have plugged 1x6pin and single 6pin to 8pin adapter connector in the gpu, is it ok? or should i use dual 6pin to 8pin adapter connector?

image.png

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Guys i did some more searching and i found this.

am i safe now???? please reply
each connector is on diffirent rail not together so i can even run my gpu on single 6 pin to 8 pin adapter? i searched whole offline market in my city and couldn't find dual 6 pin to 8 pin :C

sdad.png
The issue is the quality of the adapters. Those can be hit or miss. If working for you now, just keep an eye on them (for possible overheating). Experienced users don't recommend the use of those for the reasons mentioned earlier in this thread.

Your PSU, of good HP quality, just wasn't designed to power 8-pin PCIe powered GPUs. Your adapters may be fine, they may not.