[SOLVED] GPU

fillonia

Reputable
Mar 21, 2016
Hi guys!

I built a computer about 4 years ago on here with all of your help, thank you so much.

Now, I am looking to upgrade the GPU and I need some ideas... I am looking to spend maybe about $400 maybe more if it's really worth it ?
As far as i know I can upgrade with pretty high GPU with this PC, but please correct me if I am wrong...

Here are some of my specs:

Intel i5-6600k 3.50 GHZ
RAM 16 gb = 2 sticks 8 gb - 2133 DDR4 ( i believe, don't think it's DDR3, not sure if that would matter anyways)
64 bit Operating system, running windows 10 home atm
Motherboard = Z170-A
PSU is 750 watts

At the moment running a Nvidia Geforce GTX 960. I'm running a few accounts on a old game and usually running a few more things, like Twitch and youtube. Overall, i just want it all to be runned more easily, more fps, less struggle and such.

I'm aware also I could be targeting the wrong component here, maybe it's an issue with motherboard or CPU or perhaps a mix, but at the moment I'm basically looking at which GPU would actually be compatible with my current set up and my current budget.

Thank you so much in advance, really looking forward to your ideas and advices <3

Chris

Solution
hi, I'm in montreal and you can get 1080ti's from facebook marketplace for something around 650$ cad. Just test it on a test bech before you buy it if you go on facebook. you can also find some on ebay, if you want to play it safger, just read the description and if everytings is fine and it doesn't work you still have the paypal and ebay protection to back you up
Apr 18, 2020
With that budget you could also go for a used gtx 1080ti, if you want to go with used components. These card really hold up in value and performance today

fillonia

Reputable
Mar 21, 2016
Hey thanks a lot for the replies guys.

My monitor is the predator XB1, 165hz, 1440p. I'm also shopping from canada.

I realized after I posted this, I should do some research of my own and indeed I came to the conclusion with the RTX 2060 also and actually one of the website says it's a great fit for my CPU. It's been years since I looked at GPU's, so was completely out of it.

The gtx 1080 ti sounds really appealing to me, not sure where i'd get it used though.

Thanks so much guys, I will look a bit more into things, maybe where I can find a used 1080 ti.

See you in a bit.

Chris

Apr 18, 2020
hi, I'm in montreal and you can get 1080ti's from facebook marketplace for something around 650$ cad. Just test it on a test bech before you buy it if you go on facebook. you can also find some on ebay, if you want to play it safger, just read the description and if everytings is fine and it doesn't work you still have the paypal and ebay protection to back you up

Solution