Mar 31, 2020
I am frustrated beyond belief. So I purchased a PNY GeForce GTX 1070 and I am running it with an i7 2600. Now, compared to my old graphics card. A GTX 745 OEM. Its like something like idk 7 or 8 times better. You get the point. So... Previously with my old graphics card I was able to run like some minecraft with shaders for like 45 ish FPS. and Destiny 2 for like 30-40ish FPS on low. Now my new graphics card I'm receiving 20 FPS on 1080p for minecraft with shaders and now I happen to be able to run destiny 2 on all max settings for 50-60 FPS. Cool but definitely under performing. I'm not bottlenecking as my CPU often remains in the 60-70% usage. The card performs perfectly fine in benchmarks, even performing better than average. My monitor is not set to a lower refresh rate it is 144hz. I do not have Vsync turned on, I even updated my bios to the latest version and to no avail. I'm not overheating as my GPU temps in gaming at most hit 50-55. Same with CPU we stay in about the same range. I have the latest game ready drivers for NVidia. Now I did a couple tests. so I went and tried to run destiny at lowest settings possible and to no avail I am still getting 50-60 FPS. It hits a wall and that seems to be the problem. No matter what combination of settings I run on the graphics card. I receive 50-60 and I am just out of ideas. spending 4 hours I am exasperated. Any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS