Question graphic card crashing dont know why

Jan 19, 2023
so i assembled a pc some time ago and it gives some graphic driver timeout in gaming, sometimes in youtube, discord and stuff like that
i searched foruns and i see many ppl complaining, so i thought it was some drivers bugs and in time it would be fixed in newer versions (silly me):ROFLMAO:
i was using an old vga monitor with adapter so i thought it was the monitor, i buy new monitor and still crashes, i tried an old rx560 and still crashes
so the crash normally the screen freezes goes black for 15 secs returns withe amd driver timeout and wattmans restarted, sometimes but very rare it doesnt return so i have to hard restart or it gives me blue screen with atikmdag error
i did the stress test in adrenelin software after 20m no crash no overheating(65º)

my build :
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
ATX MSI X570-A PRO
VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory
MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT MECH OC
Corsair 650W RM650 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX
Western Digital 1TB Black SN750 NVMe M.2

gpu z

gpu z crash

Last edited:
so i assembled a pc some time ago and it gives some graphic driver timeout in gaming, sometimes in youtube, discord and stuff like that
i searched foruns and i see many ppl complaining, so i thought it was some drivers <Mod Edit> and in time it would be fixed in newer versions (silly me):ROFLMAO:
i was using an old vga monitor with adapter so i thought it was the monitor, i buy new monitor and still crashes, i tried an old rx560 and still crashes
so the crash normally the screen freezes goes black for 15 secs returns withe amd driver timeout and wattmans restarted, sometimes but very rare it doesnt return so i have to hard restart or it gives me blue screen with atikmdag error
i did the stress test in adrenelin software after 20m no crash no overheating(65º)

my build :
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
ATX MSI X570-A PRO
VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory
MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT MECH OC
Corsair 650W RM650 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX
Western Digital 1TB Black SN750 NVMe M.2
Can you test in a different PC sounds like psu isn't supplying proper power anymore

Jan 19, 2023
It sounds like you're experiencing some graphic driver timeout issues with your PC, which can be caused by a number of different factors.

One possible cause of the issue could be a problem with your GPU driver. You mentioned that you've tried updating the driver, but it's also worth trying a clean install of the latest driver, which can help to resolve any conflicts or issues with the current installation.

Another possible cause of the issue could be a problem with your GPU itself. You mentioned that you've tried using an old RX 560, but it's also worth trying to test your GPU in another system to see if the problem persists.

It's also possible that the issue is related to your power supply. Make sure that your power supply is providing enough power to your system, and that all of the cables are securely connected.

Overheating could also be an issue, make sure that your GPU temperature is within safe limits.

It's also worth checking to make sure that your PC's system memory and storage are functioning properly. You can run diagnostic tests on your RAM and storage to check for any errors.

Lastly, another thing you could try is to update the bios of your motherboard to the latest version, as newer bios version often brings new features and bug fixes.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jan 19, 2023
It sounds like you're experiencing some graphic driver timeout issues with your PC, which can be caused by a number of different factors.

One possible cause of the issue could be a problem with your GPU driver. You mentioned that you've tried updating the driver, but it's also worth trying a clean install of the latest driver, which can help to resolve any conflicts or issues with the current installation.

Another possible cause of the issue could be a problem with your GPU itself. You mentioned that you've tried using an old RX 560, but it's also worth trying to test your GPU in another system to see if the problem persists.

It's also possible that the issue is related to your power supply. Make sure that your power supply is providing enough power to your system, and that all of the cables are securely connected.

Overheating could also be an issue, make sure that your GPU temperature is within safe limits.

It's also worth checking to make sure that your PC's system memory and storage are functioning properly. You can run diagnostic tests on your RAM and storage to check for any errors.

Lastly, another thing you could try is to update the bios of your motherboard to the latest version, as newer bios version often brings new features and bug fixes.
i did clean driver install , both cards work on other systems , tried 2 diferent psu, temp never passes 65º, i tested storage no errors and tested ram with memtest no errors as well, also updated bios to last version, still crashes

Last edited:

Olivia Simmons

Prominent
May 30, 2022
There are many reasons it could be happened for. Such as:
  1. Overheating: Make sure that your computer's cooling system is functioning properly and that the graphic card's temperature is not exceeding its maximum limit.
  2. Power Supply Issues: You need to consider that your power supply is providing enough power to the graphic card. Check the wattage of the power supply and compare it to the recommended wattage for the graphic card.
  3. Driver Issues: If you don't have the latest drivers for your graphic card and they are compatible with your operating system, try reinstalling the drivers or updating them to the latest version.
  4. Compatibility Issues: Check that the graphic card is compatible with your motherboard and that the proper slots are being used.
  5. Hardware Issues: Check that the graphic card is properly seated and connected to the power supply. It is possible that the card is malfunctioning and may need to be replaced.
It is a good idea to run a diagnostic test on the GPU, and the memory test, to see if the problem is hardware related. And also check the event viewer to see if there is any error message related to the GPU.

Jul 18, 2022
The fact that you put a rx 560 and it crashed it might be coincidence. RX 560 love crashing with the drivers, now the rx 5600xt, u might need to undervolt it and see if it still crashes. Im assuming u did all the safe mode, DDU etc.

Jan 19, 2023
The fact that you put a rx 560 and it crashed it might be coincidence. RX 560 love crashing with the drivers, now the rx 5600xt, u might need to undervolt it and see if it still crashes. Im assuming u did all the safe mode, DDU etc.
it crashes the same way, so i guess is the same problem
i tried to undervolt, underclock all of that, still crashes

TRENDING THREADS