Graphic Card details

Pranav_1

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
will a gtx 950 asus oc dual fan version graphic card work on:-
1. 450 watts PSU
2.new games, or games which require vulkan support?, will the graphic card work better than raedon rx 460 in the vulkan graphics ?
and overall performance in other fields?
please fill me up with some info.

Solution
1. Yes it will.
2. It does work with vulcan and both perfoms more or less the same.

The thing here is that the rx460 has a price point below the GTX 950 (at least where i live) and has driver support and updatings to come for some years ahead, while the GTX 950 has been on the market for some years now. Both are entry-level gaming cards and will allow you to play games in 1080p with no problems in 60fps with high settings (forget about ultra and it depends on the game).

I suggest you to type: "rx460 vs GTX950" in google and watch some benchmarks in websites and youtube. You will get a better idea of how games looks like with these GPUs and how far you could go.

MrKrako

Respectable
Apr 17, 2016
1. Yes it will.
2. It does work with vulcan and both perfoms more or less the same.

The thing here is that the rx460 has a price point below the GTX 950 (at least where i live) and has driver support and updatings to come for some years ahead, while the GTX 950 has been on the market for some years now. Both are entry-level gaming cards and will allow you to play games in 1080p with no problems in 60fps with high settings (forget about ultra and it depends on the game).

I suggest you to type: "rx460 vs GTX950" in google and watch some benchmarks in websites and youtube. You will get a better idea of how games looks like with these GPUs and how far you could go.

Solution

Pranav_1

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015

thank you very much mr. deadpool sir, you helped me a lot thank you.
one more thing,
will the price of gtx 950 reduce in comming 8-9 months(it's the time when i will buy a graphic card of about 14k INR(210.163 USD))??
the one i'm going to buy is :-
http://www.amazon.in/ASUS-GeForce-GTX950-2GB-DDR5-PCI/dp/B01DDA6VRE?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=A3GQYDI0TTUIXZ

on my motherboard:- gigabyte h61m-s1 pci3.0 and 450 PSU

MrKrako

Respectable
Apr 17, 2016

I'm glad i helped you!

I don't know how much the price would drop. I guess price will go down a little, but not really a lot and then they would disappear from the market. That's how Nvidia usually does with their cards in Europe.