Question Graphic Card from Phillipines

Apr 21, 2019
So i live in Mumbai and i am thinking of building a PC. One of my friend lives in Phillipines and i was thinking of buying a graphic card from Phillipines. Do you guys think that this is a good idea or i will be in any sort of trouble???

Do not take the risk and hassle by importing GPUs from some other country. First of all, there won't be any after sales service and warranty there in INDIA, if the card has been imported, IMO. Which Video card is your friend selling by the way ? What's the make and brand of that GPU ?

Apart from that, you might also run into some customs issue as well. Are you sure you won't be obliged to pay additional taxes/duties etc., after the product arrives in your country ? Confirm this with the customs department in Mumbai beforehand.

Also, ask your friend whether you would be getting the card's full Warranty in India as well, if the item has been bought from Phillipines ? I doubt it though. In short, I won't recommend you to buy a card from abroad. Select a local retailer, and buy the card in your own country.....At least you will have some assurance, and peace of mind.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Dreamevil55

Dreamevil55

Honorable
May 4, 2016
So i live in Mumbai and i am thinking of building a PC. One of my friend lives in Phillipines and i was thinking of buying a graphic card from Phillipines. Do you guys think that this is a good idea or i will be in any sort of trouble???
Depends, if your friend brings it over to your place, then it's okay I suppose, no customs issue. That is upto you. However, I'd suggest getting from your own country for the warranty and support.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.