Oct 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

Last week, suddenly, my computer wouldn't wake up from sleep - at least, I couldn't interact with it. My lights and fans were on and running.

What I tried:
  • I restarted it, and when it got to the Windows Logo - green dots appeared over the screen
  • Checked the monitors with a laptop and they're fine - they're usually in the display port on my GPU but I also tested with HDMI and nothing changed
  • After restarting again I was able to get into the Windows Recovery option and tried everything there - same thing.
  • I could get into the BIOS (everything is pretty close to stock but I reset the defaults anyway)
  • I reseated the RAM/Graphics Card - no dice, actually, now it doesn't show anything (yay!)
I'd like to know if you all think it's the Graphics Card, RAM, OS, or what? I'm not sure how else I can test. since I don't have an onboard Graphics Card to try booting with. I did have both Windows and Driver updates recently. I did rollback the Windows ones from Recovery but it didn't help. I did notice a red light on the MoBo (no beeps on startup) so I might have to find and dive into the manual to see where it leads.

Windows 10; Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6 GB AMP! Extreme; Asus SABERTOOTH X99 ATX LGA2011-3; Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3 GHz 6-Core

Photos/Videos of the issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/nNw7EoUF1CPLEjh16

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

-e

Oct 13, 2020
Try another video card. May be a power supply issue, you did not list what that was. First thing to check is the video card though.
My apologies, power supply is: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

I will have to purchase a new GPU Friday to test, so I will get back on that one.