Graphics Card causes infinite reboot but onboard graphics is fine?

Jul 19, 2018
So there was recently a rainstorm near me and unexpectantly the pc crashed, the next time I tried to turn it on, the monitor led was orange while the PC still had a 1 short beep for the post code, and for Gigabyte motherboards that means everything is normal but nothing was displayed on the monitor. Then I unplugged the monitor power for around 30 seconds, Windows booted up and it seemed like everything was ok, but when I tried to open some tasks it just rebooted infinitly. To sum everything up when I plugged my hdmi cable into the onboard MOBO graphics everything worked like normal.
My PC has an rx 460 2gb, intel pentium g4560, 8 gb 2133 mhz RAM, forgot name of mobo, it was gigabyte matx though. Also I checked temps, around 30 degrees centegrate which seems to be completely fine.

Solution

Welcome to Tom's!
Reboots tend to be power related, so what is the make model of your PSU? and how old is it?

Jul 19, 2018

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome and the quick reply, my power supply is a Rosewill Arc 450 watt and as old as the rest of the components at about a year and a half, though my pc did crash during a near power outtage so could the problem have something to do with that?

Jul 19, 2018

Jul 19, 2018

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, my psu is a Rosewill Arc 450w that was bought around a year and a half, same with the rest of the parts.

According to this:
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
The Rosewill Arc is a tier 6 PSU, on a 7 tier list, just above the worst. I would recommend getting a 500-550 watt unit from tiers 1 or 2(certainly nothing lower than tier 3!) of the posted list, whatever ones are available to you locally at your budget point.

Solution
Jul 19, 2018
Thank you so much, I'll look into them and see if it works, thanks for all the help! :)