Question Graphics card doesn't display on startup, only after a put a older graphics card

Jul 14, 2021
My problem is kind of specific and I haven't found a similar post or a video explaining soo I'm posting this out of desperation.

one day I woke up, made a coffee, and pressed the power button to turn my pc on... and it didn't.

later on, I found out that the problem was video-related, my graphics card (gtx 750 ti 2GB) was running its fan, but wasn't displaying. I didn't have much time soo I just hooked my VGA to my integrated graphic card and progressed with my day.

in the next couple of weeks, I noticed a pattern, sometimes the integrated graphics weren't displaying on startup, and after investigating i found that my graphics card displays for a few seconds on bios and then stops but windows continues to run, when I turn off my pc again the next boot up, my integrated takes over.

I read it could be about corrupted drivers, I installed DDU did a cleanup and nothing.

I read it could be about my pci-express slot, I hooked up an old graphics card (Radeon HD 5450) and it worked perfectly, I turned off my computer and hooked up my gtx 750 ti again to see if it was dust or anything, and it worked for some reason.

the next I tried to turn on my computer and it didn't work, until I did the same thing.

I'm completely confused , please help me.

my specs:
Motherboard: h110m-s2v gigabyte
Power supply: 500w knup
CPU: i5-7400
Graphics card: GTX 750 ti 2GB
4GB x2 ram ddr4

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021
My problem is kind of specific and I haven't found a similar post or a video explaining soo I'm posting this out of desperation.

one day I woke up, made a coffee, and pressed the power button to turn my pc on... and it didn't.

later on, I found out that the problem was video-related, my graphics card (gtx 750 ti 2GB) was running its fan, but wasn't displaying. I didn't have much time soo I just hooked my VGA to my integrated graphic card and progressed with my day.

in the next couple of weeks, I noticed a pattern, sometimes the integrated graphics weren't displaying on startup, and after investigating i found that my graphics card displays for a few seconds on bios and then stops but windows continues to run, when I turn off my pc again the next boot up, my integrated takes over.

I read it could be about corrupted drivers, I installed DDU did a cleanup and nothing.

I read it could be about my pci-express slot, I hooked up an old graphics card (Radeon HD 5450) and it worked perfectly, I turned off my computer and hooked up my gtx 750 ti again to see if it was dust or anything, and it worked for some reason.

the next I tried to turn on my computer and it didn't work, until I did the same thing.

I'm completely confused, please help me.

my specs:
Motherboard: h110m-s2v gigabyte
Power supply: 500w knup
CPU: i5-7400
Graphics card: GTX 750 ti 2GB
4GB x2 ram ddr4

I'm not a professional but i'd say that maybe your bios version needed to be refreshed using the older card before putting in the new one?

Reactions: Strikelg
Jul 14, 2021
I'm not a professional but i'd say that maybe your bios version needed to be refreshed using the older card before putting in the new one?

Thank you foxy for the reply.

I'm not a professional either and by the looks of it you might know better than me.

The thing is that everytime I start my computer I have to swap graphics card (that's the main disturbing factor), does the "bios refresh" thing only counts to one startup?

Just a doubt I had.