[SOLVED] graphics card drivers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
so my cpu has on-board graphics on it ( radeon r5 graphics ) and my laptop also came with amd vega 11 graphics ( not amd radeon vega 11 RX graphics ) and i recently installed the amd radeon software, and now for some reason my display adapter is set to radeon r5, so i change it back and i update it, but it changes back to redeon r5 when i update my vega 11 graphics. so when i dont update it, its version is the exact same as the radeon r5 ( which its not supposed to be because last time i updated it which was a couple of days ago, it was far beyond radeon r5 ) and the performance stays the exact same ( and the radeon r5 has terrible performance ). and also to "update" to vega 11, i have to uncheck compatible software to select it. but ive used vega 11 before so i know its compatble. so pretty much i am trying to find out if i can get my vega 11 graphics back and not constantly have to use radeon r5.
p.s. if last resort is reseting my pc, im ok wth that. and i cant find the drivers on the amd website aswell so if anyone can find the drivers for it that would be great :)

pps. laptop specs
acer aspire a315-22
apu - amd a9-9420 radoen r5 graphics
memory - 8gb DDR4
gpu amd radeon vega 11
tell me if you need any more info on my laptop

Solution

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
Well, you do have Vega 11 graphics it seems. Can you show us one last picture of cpu tab in cpuz please.

I tried searched Vega 11, and the only results are RX Vega 11 which makes sense to me because Vega 11 being a trade name for Raven Ridge apu's, it wouldn't make sense having two separate.
i uploaded more clearer ones

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
Well, you do have Vega 11 graphics it seems. Can you show us one last picture of cpu tab in cpuz please.

I tried searched Vega 11, and the only results are RX Vega 11 which makes sense to me because Vega 11 being a trade name for Raven Ridge apu's, it wouldn't make sense having two separate.
Btw, thank you so much for giving in so much of your time to help me. huge props to you :)

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020

just searc
Np, trying to make sense of things :)

Thanks for the image, not sure if i notice a difference but could read it well before.

Can you upload a picture of cpu tab in cpuz please.
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B83hsFdFS1_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

i am also about to send another photo which i am confused about so keep watch of that, ill send it in about 3 minutes after sending this message

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm ok well im definitely wrong and your laptop has Vega 11 which passes video through the apu's R5 gpu and is why it says as such for the monitor. Similar setup to Intel laptops where the screen is wired directly to the igpu and a dedicated gpu passes through that interconnect.

Would think Acer would make Vega 11's presence more apparent in it's specs if performance is a lot better.

Thanks for the pics mate, think you're all good now.

Go Geelong. Not long now 😁

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
Hmm ok well im definitely wrong and your laptop has Vega 11 which passes video through the apu's R5 gpu and is why it says as such for the monitor. Similar setup to Intel laptops where the screen is wired directly to the igpu and a dedicated gpu passes through that interconnect.

Would think Acer would make Vega 11's presence more apparent in it's specs if performance is a lot better.

Thanks for the pics mate, think you're all good now.

Go Geelong. Not long now 😁
Thanks for everything, cya