Graphics Card for laptop

Enyar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
So, I've realised I really need to update my graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 4750) on my shitty ol' laptop. I found out it's NOT a chipset and I think it can be replaced, not sure though. Can you guys maybe suggest a decent graphics card that I could fit in my laptop, within the price range of £50 to £100? It'd be much appreciated!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What make/model of laptop do you have? Only laptops/notebooks specifically designed to support upgradeable GPUs can be upgraded (like high-end gaming and workstation class rigs).

daysyang

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2012
if its the replaceable kind then only the manufacture would carry upgrade to fit into that laptop. your upgrade is limited to what kind of graphics card was made available during the production of your laptop.

po1nted

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

This is not true, in many cases. If it is upgradable the standard is most likely going to be either MXM 2.0 or 3.0 for the mobile gfx card. When upgrades are possible the card are often readily available via online vendors or the manufacturer (probably not the cheapest route). Or Ebay in a pinch or if the cost/availability is better.

What manufacturer/model of laptop do you have? That information is necessary to determine if an upgrade is possible or feasible.

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
its only as upgradable as the options given when the laptop was first sold

thats not upgradable imo

edit: not to mention, if the laptop is a little older its next to impossible to find said upgrade

i stand by what i said, i really doubt he can upgrade it

daysyang

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2012
imo don't waste your money... most likely if you can upgrade it "it's just what was made at the time of production" example: so like when you first bought it, it came with an option to go with amd 4750m or amd 4770m. your only upgrade now is to find that amd 4770m that was specifically made to fit into your laptop. ebay and other online vendors may sell the next card but most likely a refurbish/used.
Save that 100euro for new system.

Enyar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Yeah, I think I'm just going to build a cheap gaming set up. Ah well, looks like I'm going to have to somehow scrape 400 odd quid together for a decent PC! :p