[SOLVED] Graphics Card is Spinning Fast, No Display When Connected HDMI Port on GPU but Display is On when connected to Motherboard's HDMI

Apr 14, 2021
When I was Playing It Takes Two, Dispay suddenly went off but the sound came through for a moment, I thought It was HDMI cable's loose connection and I tried adjusting It , but nothing happened , then I tried a different HDMI cable then also nothing happened and showed no signal , after that I connected my HDMI cable to Motherboard's port and It worked just fine , I saw some videos and tried to uninstall and reinstall driver , but after uninstalling my PC doesn't recognize my graphics card but my GPU is working and the fan is spinning louder than usual in an consistent speed , what should I try? , what's wrong with my PC? , should I try using DP port?
PC Specs - Gigabyte B150M-D3H
RX 470
8 GB RAM
450W power Supply
i3 6100

Solution
It might be that the 6 pin or 8 pin power connector is not properly seated or is faulty. I've observed the exact thing you're describing happen when a graphics card is not plugged in.

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
The obvious is hardware errors, specialy gpu, pc crashes unexpectedly and restarts under load. Components not working as they should, not getting any display as to not enough power. Can you maybe test the gpu in a diffrent system, a friend maybe or pc shop

thelemon27

Reputable
Oct 4, 2017
It might be that the 6 pin or 8 pin power connector is not properly seated or is faulty. I've observed the exact thing you're describing happen when a graphics card is not plugged in.

Solution