Graphics card lines

mykggg

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
hi i recently just bought a gtx 680 evga superclocked edition for my first build. everything went smoothly
i could play border lands 2 very well with everything on high. then the screen went dark and i got a lower resolution with these strange white lines all over my dislpay. I tried uninstalling my grahics drivers and then installing them but this had no effect. The computer said it could not detect the gpu when i tried going into the nvidia control panel. I have tried using a differnent cable with 2 different displays but i got the same picture. I even took the gpu out and back into the same pci slot and a different one but still no effect.

Does this mean that my gpu crashed or can it be fixed. if so, how?

mykggg

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Sys specs for my pc

GYG z77x ud3h motherboard
2 gb gtx 680 supercloked edition
1 tb hdd
corsair tx 750 watt power
8 gb 4x2 kinston
i7 3370k
h60 water cooler

Does this persist mykggg or was this a one time deal. What this could be is artifacting and if you had just purchased your graphics card I would consider returning your card and getting a new one. It is not from the drivers. With how light on resources borderlands 2 is I would be concerned. If you could if this happens again could you print screen it and upload it somewhere and post it here?

here is an example of artifacting.
42693-pcdying.jpg

It's isn't but it can happen at any time when you own a graphics card and means that the card has a defect and isn't working properly they have software out there that tests for this sort of thing called furmark. People fear this sort of thing happening to there card. You are quite lucky it happened when you first got the card otherwise you would of had to wait which wouldn't have taken long knowing EVGA but still.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Benchmarks/FurMark.shtml

What care are you currently using. By the way I don't think your card would overheat you have a very low heat producing card the 600 series cards don't produce much in terms of heat unless you are doing something like 2-3 way SLi. A good way to look at your temps is to use a software afterburner works, evga percision does this as well, I use gpu-z to look at my temps I'll post a link of my temps :)

12-27-20127-31-45PM_zps8bcc1197.png

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/