[SOLVED] Graphics Card No Image

Sep 21, 2018
Hello, I've recently bought an RX 480 4GB Card and I'm trying to build a system with it. I've just received the motherboard and everything else I need to build it and it has already been wiped. When I put the card in, the light on the card lights up, and there is no image and no signal is detected on the monitor. I decided to put in my spare RX 480 which I bought for another build and it also doesn't work. I then tested it with an RX 570 and still no difference.

I've just tried putting an 8x GT 710 into it and it works perfectly, this seems pretty strange to me. Here is the things I've tried: Resetting the CMOS by taking out the battery, using the CMOS jumper on the motherboard to clear the BIOS, replacing the power supply. Honestly, I'm stumped on what the issue is here, I've tested the graphics cards on my personal PC and they work absolutely fine. Thanks

Solution
the first PSU was the one I was more concerned about/wanting to know which model. if a lower quality unreliable model it could have caused damage to other components resulting in these current issues.

but the XFX Pro is a Tier 2 model and should be more than reliable in any normal setting.

the Corsair VS series are definitely not the best, more geared toward media center or office systems. not designed to handle gaming systems with modern dedicated GPUs. but if the issue was happening with the better XFX model, it is obviously not the cause of the current issue.

i would try updating the BIOS and all of the motherboard system drivers.
and there's a chance that your current GPU drivers/settings are in some way hindering the use...
Sep 21, 2018
doesn't matter what wattage the PSU states if it is an inadequate model that does not function properly.
a lot of cheap PSUs can put out a certain amount of power in certain situations but cannot handle heavy tasks or power multiple devices the way they should.
Please read my post, I stated that I have swapped it out with another power supply which is of good quality and it still doesn't work. Also, the system doesn't take up much power since it is a 2nd gen i5 and a not very power hungry card.

I stated that I have swapped it out with another power supply which is of good quality and it still doesn't work. Also, the system doesn't take up much power since it is a 2nd gen i5 and a not very power hungry card.
without the specific make/model of the PSU(s) in question we do not know if either of them are "of good quality", or even powerful enough, and can handle any type of heavy processing or gaming system.
what you believe to be good quality could actually be absolute junk.

Sep 21, 2018
without the specific make/model of the PSU(s) in question we do not know if either of them are "of good quality", or even powerful enough, and can handle any type of heavy processing or gaming system.
what you believe to be good quality could actually be absolute junk.
I already have given you the model of the power supply when you asked for it, please look in my first comment. May not be the best quality power supply, but it is more than enough for what I'm using it for. The other power supply which I swapped it with is an XFX Pro 650W

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost
the first PSU was the one I was more concerned about/wanting to know which model. if a lower quality unreliable model it could have caused damage to other components resulting in these current issues.

but the XFX Pro is a Tier 2 model and should be more than reliable in any normal setting.

the Corsair VS series are definitely not the best, more geared toward media center or office systems. not designed to handle gaming systems with modern dedicated GPUs. but if the issue was happening with the better XFX model, it is obviously not the cause of the current issue.

and there's a chance that your current GPU drivers/settings are in some way hindering the use of the newer cards. i would also run DDU and wipe everything GPU related, then try the newer card with the latest Nvidia driver package.

Solution
Sep 21, 2018

and there's a chance that your current GPU drivers/settings are in some way hindering the use of the newer cards. i would also run DDU and wipe everything GPU related, then try the newer card with the latest Nvidia driver package.
Cheers mate, the BIOS on it was from 2012 and I updated it with the 2018 BIOS, card works great now, thanks for your help.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost