[SOLVED] Graphics card ONLY FOR for hdmi output

phyle5

Reputable
May 29, 2020
I want to use duel montior, but my card(mother board) has only 1 Hdmi slot. I am thinking to buy a used dirt cheap graphics card, just to get a hdmi out.
Is there anything I need to taken care of? Does the memory etc,,, matters?
My intention is to use 2 monitors. I am NOT a gamer.

PC:
4th gen i5, Asus H81m-K mother board, 8 gb Ram, standard Atx

Monitors:
Samsung 24 inch, and Dell 27 inch IPS display, Both are 1080 full HD. Both have 1 Hdmi and 1 vga inputs.

Last edited:

phyle5

Reputable
May 29, 2020
Would help to know what components you're working with.

What monitors are you using and what inputs do they have?
What are your full system specifications?

-Wolf sends

I have a i5 4th gen PC, Dell 27 IPS, and Samsung 24 inch, Both full HD 1080. Both have 1 hdmi and 1 VGA kind of port

phyle5

Reputable
May 29, 2020
My guess would be that the motherboard may not support simultaneous analog and digital outputs, but that's for the OP to respond to.

-Wolf sends

It sup
Would help to know what components you're working with.

What monitors are you using and what inputs do they have?
What are your full system specifications?

-Wolf sends

Samsung 24 inch, and Dell 27 inch IPS display, Both are 1080 full HD. Both have 1 Hdmi and 1 vga inputs.
Nothing else on monitors other than power in.

phyle5

Reputable
May 29, 2020
Does dedicated Graphics card improve performance? I thought i5 have graphics processor built in , considering the fact that I have old machine 4th gen i5, and I do not opt for any gaming., ( but I do use adobe products.)

Wolfshadw

Titan
Does dedicated Graphics card improve performance? I thought i5 have graphics processor built in , considering the fact that I have old machine 4th gen i5, and I do not opt for any gaming., ( but I do use adobe products.)
Depending on the graphics card and the applications being used, there can be some improvement. The suggested GT710 is more of a on-board graphics replacement. You wouldn't see much improvement.

-Wolf sends

Integrated graphics, even old versions, is perfectly adequate for desktop work and even HD movie viewing.
It is only for fast action gaming that one would need a discrete graphics card.
As perhaps an exception, some apps like photoshop can use a discrete graphics card for added function or performance enhancement.
Here is a link to FAQ on that:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Reactions: phyle5
Solution