Graphics Card Reflow Failed. Is there a way to Fix?

Aug 16, 2018
Hello,
I have a gtx 760 and it stopped working. I tried to reflow it in an oven @ 385F.

After 2 to 3 minutes the capacitors started to blow off the gpu board so turned the oven off and pulled out the gpu.
I know that new capactiors could be installed but the main problem which scares me is the Main GPU chip which has swollen here and there.
Will it still work if new capactors are installed or its trash now?

Solution
Since you decided to bake it, which is normally a last resort measure when you have nothing to lose, this means that it was faulty even before baking. It is even more faulty now, and no, there is no way to fix it, at least not by yourself, heck even professionals would have hard time to do so. If it is possible at all, multiple heat damages can be hard to find and cases like this are usually hopeless.

Get a new card.
before you did the reflow you should have check to see if the card had any type of warrnaty. some of the older gpu used to have life time warranties.As it stands now you have a very large paperweight. your better off tossing the failed gpu and buying a new unit.

Aug 16, 2018

No it did not had any warranty. any way to fix
?

Since you decided to bake it, which is normally a last resort measure when you have nothing to lose, this means that it was faulty even before baking. It is even more faulty now, and no, there is no way to fix it, at least not by yourself, heck even professionals would have hard time to do so. If it is possible at all, multiple heat damages can be hard to find and cases like this are usually hopeless.

Get a new card.

Solution