[SOLVED] Graphics card stuck in slot

Feb 16, 2022
Hello

I tried removing my graphics card but forgot to undo the latch on the pcie slot initially.

Part of my graphics card came out on the left side but on the right is stuck and no matter how hard I push the latch it won't move. I read about trying to put the graphics card back in the slot first but mine won't go back into the slot unless I push really hard but it feels like it might snap when I apply some force.

I was wondering on any suggestions on getting it out even if I have to lose my pcie slot.

My motherboard is a GA Z170 Gaming 7 and GPU is a 1060.

Solution
nothing should break from inserting it fully back in with some force but it really depends on the quality of both the motherboard and the graphics card.
try pushing the card in while also pulling the retention clip outwards, it may alow them to sit back together easier.
it's also possible that both the card & motherboard or either is already damaged.

i would contact the motherboard manufacturer and request the location of a local certified repair shop.
take it there and have them inspect the situation.
if there are none near, try a non-certified local shop.
nothing should break from inserting it fully back in with some force but it really depends on the quality of both the motherboard and the graphics card.
try pushing the card in while also pulling the retention clip outwards, it may alow them to sit back together easier.
it's also possible that both the card & motherboard or either is already damaged.

i would contact the motherboard manufacturer and request the location of a local certified repair shop.
take it there and have them inspect the situation.
if there are none near, try a non-certified local shop.

Solution